Low oil pressure warning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

COBRA90GT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ This.

As mentioned, swapping the oil pressure switch/sensor ( p/n 6U5Z-9278-D ) with a new one on your own should be a relatively easy fix and keep your truck out of the dealer's hands.

I did a quick price search and the part can be found for ~ $25 USD via Tousley/AutoNation Ford in MN, ~ $26 USD at Tasca in RI and didn't try RockAuto yet. Not sure how much S&H would be to send it across the pond, g'luck OP !

OP
OP
jef

jef

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered one yesterday. Shipping is more as the actual part. Part was 24$, shipping 40$.

ivo1.cox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:-(( in Italy we have 22% more in taxes so for example the last time to $ 800 LED lights and 79 dollars shipping, I spent € 200 more than just taxes.

Inviato dal mio SM-T535 utilizzando Tapatalk

OP
OP
jef

jef

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a new batterie installed, cleaned the maf sensor and air filter. The light still comes on. I will install new oil pressure sensor and oil pressure gauge later this week.
This new battery is great. Truck was parked for 2 days. It started right away. With the old battery, i had to jump start it when it was parked for more than one day.

COBRA90GT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ Yeah, you'll need to get that replacement sensor/switch installed for sure.

Do you have lots of aftermarket gizmos (alarms, etc) contributing to an electrical draw/drain on the truck while parked or was the battery just that old and in need of replacement?

Sucks that it had to be jumped after sitting for such a short amount of time. :(

OP
OP
jef

jef

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a dash cam wich keeps recording while it's parked and a tracking device. I want to keep the camera running while parked. I have some expensive tools in the bed and the cover is pretty easy to break open. So if it get's broken in, i hope the rear camera captures it. I have everything ready to install a second battery in the bed but i'm waiting to get line x in the bed and my new cover.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You do understand that every time the battery dies you lose what your PCM learned with your driving cycle and basically has to relearn it every time.
Which can take up to 300 miles (600 km) to a complete drive cycle.

They do make cameras now that only record with movement and have a memory card. This will not drain the battery so quickly. Just a thought!

I would also suggest in a Solar Charger!!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
jef

jef

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The battery is not completely dead. Just not strong enough to start the truck. I'll see how it goes with the dual battery system. The second battery will be used for the camera and tracking only. So the main battery won't be drained. It's only a couple times a year that the truck isn't used for a more than one day. I use it for work and drive it alot.

Good idea about the solar charger. I will look into it.