Low engine oil pressure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reddevil01

Reaction score
I had the same issue. 17 Raptor. Still waiting from ford to respond. It's been there 3 days.
Had the same problems. Ford has had my truck for almost a month (Friday will be 30 days). The dealership has correspondence with the engineers, and found cylinder 2 and 4 starved of oil due to "internal failure." Damage beyond repair to the head and cylinder walls. Dealership is replacing the entire engine as we speak. BTW, just found out that they remove the entire cab to replace the engine....hope no other problems pop up.....

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Good luck. Hopefully they make this right.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Had the same problems. Ford has had my truck for almost a month (Friday will be 30 days). The dealership has correspondence with the engineers, and found cylinder 2 and 4 starved of oil due to "internal failure." Damage beyond repair to the head and cylinder walls. Dealership is replacing the entire engine as we speak. BTW, just found out that they remove the entire cab to replace the engine....hope no other problems pop up.....

Hopefully they at least loaned you a 4x4 F150 so you can fine tune your off road skills in some else’s vehicle.

Reddevil01

Reaction score
Thanks smurfslayer. I'll keep you guys posted when I hear more.

Unfortunately jabroni619, they threw me in a taurus for a week and a half, then finally gave me a basic 150 xlt 2X. The closest thing to getting off the pavement was jumping a median to skip traffic. The clearance is so low on that thing. At least I put some miles on it - about 1200 at this point.

r3run33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
had a similar problem but was not replicated and is not related to the cam shaft sensor; but I believe all my issues are related to the auto start stop. I posted in another section that I was at a red light and then hit gas hard to go and immediately got the low oil pressure warning bells and whistles. got home shut vehicle off and then cooled off and re started up and no problem after that. Still believe its all the auto start stop stuff

---------- Post added at 10:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 AM ----------

forgot to add this everyone is chiming in that 17 have all these issues; I believe its all along the lines of production. The parts and no different for the 17 or 18 model when fixing things. Mostly once of trucks are out in the real world running new problems pop up. Just and note to everyone shut that start stop off if you are going to do some "SPIRITED DRIVING" wish ford but in a economy mode instead of the stop start thing. much easier to remember when getting on and out of vehicle etc.

Reddevil01

Reaction score
Quick update....got my truck back 4 days ago, had to take it back to the dealership. They replaced the engine and both turbos, and all seemed ok until today... Loud bang up front, 30 seconds later, had a backfire. Parked it in my driveway, and oil and coolant came gushing out. Was able to get the dealership to put it on a flatbed, and they brought me another loaner (of course, not a Raptor). Getting a little uneasy about this truck.... Maybe it's time for a lemon law claim. I'll keep y'all updated. Hopefully you guys don't have the same issues. BTW, Happy Thanksgiving!

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That’s a bummer. Engine swaps performed by dealer techs is always going to be an iffy situation. It may be too early to classify the vehicle as a lemon, but I would certainly start researching that option now in case you need to go that route.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I see the user formerly known as sasquatch77 is once again delighting in the misfortune of others, ‘liking’ posts about someone else’s problems.

@Reddevil01 you should be getting a new truck, not work on this truck. This is a pretty spectacular indication that either the crate motor was bad or the techs at the dealer are incapable of conducting this kind of work and in either case you’re the one who’s been made to suffer. You should be talking to Ford corp to get a replacement vehicle. Keep in mind, if you’ve had a loaner, the law does not consider you to have been “out” of a vehicle and you likely don’t qualify under the lemon law, at least in that aspect. However, the use and market value is diminished and they’ve proven unable to repair it.

good luck, and hopefully this gets corrected fast.

16pawshouston

Reaction score
Similar problem: Low oil pressure light came on twice then the check engine light came on and stayed on. Engine eats oil with no leaks. Dealer said there are camshaft sensor failure codes. Is this heading to engine replacement?