Low engine oil pressure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Aaannddd it just did it again, luckily it happens when im passing a car so i lose power facing oncoming traffic mid pass.

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I can't even fathom how small of a man you must be to go on a forum for a vehicle you dont have, and like a comment about someone else having a problem. Get ****** sasquatch.

Ive been sasquatched!

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
If you follow the learnings of ecoboost owners, you would not have these problems.

If you would get that psychiatric help we have been pleading with you to seek out, you would not be sliding further and further into your own made up reality. You are seriously in danger of a psychotic break. You should seek out psychiatric help before you lose all touch with reality. You are perilously close to being a danger to yourself and others. Please, go get help.

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you follow the learnings of ecoboost owners, you would not have these problems.

I owned an ecoboost f150 from 2011 till 2016, my wife has had an ecoboost explorer since 2016, and I now have an ecoboost raptor '17. I know the engine.

get ******.

troverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Couple of things -

Despite having an oil pressure gauge, the sending unit can only register proper pressure or zero pressure. It's an on/off unit. There is no scale of values on the PID like there is for coolant temp, trans fluid temp, etc. So the low oil pressure light does not necessarily mean you have "zero" oil pressure, although it could.

This engine uses a variable displacement oil pump. Ford's response about long idling and oil thinning has a small amount of credence. When idling, the Raptor engine's oil pump will operate on a lower output mode, which reduces parasitic drag and thereby lowers fuel consumption. Although I don't buy Ford's explanation, one possible theory is that the oil pump is not quickly switching back to full output fast enough when you floor the throttle. That would explain how the light goes away after a restart.

These trucks have an engine hour meter and engine idle hour meter. In the diesel world, idling is bad and rumor has it Ford will soon only warranty your engine if the idling time is less than 20% of total hours. Idling a gas engine has less side effects than idling a diesel...but nevertheless, Ford has stated vehicles that idle a large amount must be maintained on the severe service maintenance schedule. Whether that amounts to a 3k mile oil change or a 5k mile oil change I'm not sure, but I have always changed my gas engines at 3k and my diesel engines at 5k. An oil change on the Raptor is what, $40? Very cheap protection regardless of what engine you have. Considering this is a turbocharged engine, and the oil will get hotter under heavy load, and could start coking in the turbos if the engine is shut down after a hard run...3k oil changes are cheap protection.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
<merciful snippage>
... I have always changed my gas engines at 3k and my diesel engines at 5k. An oil change on the Raptor is what, $40? Very cheap protection regardless of what engine you have. Considering this is a turbocharged engine, and the oil will get hotter under heavy load, and could start coking in the turbos if the engine is shut down after a hard run...3k oil changes are cheap protection.

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f260/1st-oil-change-analysis-56676/?highlight=oil+analysis

Although I’m not banging off the rev limiter every trip, it’s fair to say I use the truck’s power. Ford has up to 10k between changes listed and I thought that was a misprint at first but 5-10k between changes seems to actually be substantiated by actual evidence. I would change the oil in the Raptor Assault trucks at 5k and have analysis done probably every other change.

YMMV...