GEN 2 Low engin oil pressure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shadowrwr

Reaction score
shadowrwr, how many miles was on yours when it started?

Started at about 7500 miles, got 8600 now.

Dealer didnt get to it today... promised to have an answer by noon tomorrow so maybe ill know something then.

OP
OP
kdub405

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well it's passed all pressure test and all looks good. So in short they don't have a ******* clue.

Been waiting on ford tech assistance to respond on what to do next.

On to day three we go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
daaaaaamn. well at least there arent a shortage of trucks with issues to write the new book for all the oil changers that work at the dealerships.

OP
OP
kdub405

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Low oil is the answer. Was in lines on dip but they filled to top level and no issues.

CFIT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Low oil is the answer. Was in lines on dip but they filled to top level and no issues.

I wondered if that may have been a factor. Glad it was a simple fix, but not sure why they took several days to simply add a little oil. No one wants to be without their Raptor for that long!

shadowrwr

Reaction score
Turns out it was low oil for me too. I even checked the dip stick before i brought it in and there was oil, but i guess not enough. Keeping my fingers crossed that this was the actual problem and it doesn't come back again!

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Just how low was it?

I had a vehicle a few back that a TSB was issued for a replacement dip stick because the dip stick would read full when it was a tick under 1 quart low.

I seem to recall if the oil is showing in between the high/low lines on the dip stick, you’re supposed to be GTG.

When you checked, was the engine warm? On absolutely level ground?

Mcnawsty

Banned
Reaction score
Don't you also have a low oil level light that should trigger well before a low oil pressure situation?

OP
OP
kdub405

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine was not reading low on stick and if anything was on the high side. Tech seems to think it had more to do with breakdown rather than being low.

Now, I did go 6,300 miles between chnages[emoji79]