GEN 2 Low engin oil pressure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Can you not read? Put a poll up about gas choice and oil interval change. You will have your answers very quickly.

once again, this has nothing to do with subjective “when should I change my oil” discussions. that is meaningless.

You said:
The oil change interval on this engine is considerably different than others. It is necessary to prevent sludge buildup that will quickly degrade the engine. Sounds like this thing needs more frequent oil changes than normal, premium gas, and more frequent spark plug changes to keep running well. This is something that Ford Performance does a poor job of communicating to its customers

You can go on questioning my comprehension skills all you want, but you won’t answer the questions user formerly known as sasquatch77, fat nelly, and a few more still active accounts here.

Link to your Ford documents or scan and host them. Or, admit that you made up your assertion.

Don’t post any more threads about oil, produce the evidence about sludge build up and degrading oil performance.

OP
OP
kdub405

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Back up your assertions, user formerly known as sasquatch77. Facts, links to first person or verified data, not internet rumor.

Oil change interval of 10k miles is perfectly fine. There were over 500 ecoboosts chronicled to compare to mine when I had the oil analysis done, none - not one of them showed anything like you’re asserting.

Smurf,

My situation has been resolved by an oil change.

I have Forscan, HPTuners and your junk code reader and it never throw a code but would rather go into limp mode and that warning would pop up. A simple restart would get you power back until you maxed the gas and the it was stop and repeat.

I have no ******* clue why or how and truthfully don't care.

Truck runs good and that's all that matters. I'll monitor the situation by mashing the peddle as much as possible with a smile on my face.

If it starts again, I'll get an oil change and will see how many miles were on it.

Until then I'm playing with the newest non-ecoboost I just picked up

2318eb27a9d9428a84fa12433f9961c6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Homer Jay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Smurf,

My situation has been resolved by an oil change.

I have Forscan, HPTuners and your junk code reader and it never throw a code but would rather go into limp mode and that warning would pop up. A simple restart would get you power back until you maxed the gas and the it was stop and repeat.

I have no ******* clue why or how and truthfully don't care.

Truck runs good and that's all that matters. I'll monitor the situation by mashing the peddle as much as possible with a smile on my face.

If it starts again, I'll get an oil change and will see how many miles were on it.

Until then I'm playing with the newest non-ecoboost I just picked up

2318eb27a9d9428a84fa12433f9961c6.jpg

Damn, that's a nice combo of Ford Performance vehicles!

ken4fly

Reaction score
Turbo Lag, Low Oil Pressure, P0365 Brand new truck

So I just had the exact same thing happen to me. Brand new 2018 Ford Raptor, 5k miles. For a day or two I felt extreme lag time on my turbos. Then driving the kids to school I got oil pressure to zero and red blinking warning. I stopped, turned engine off, then on and it went away. Read code P0365. Happened again the next day. Was going to take it in to the shop until I read this thread. I added 2 qts of oil. All issues went away. I could not read much on my dipstick. Unbelievable this would be low from the factory.

Beware. Check your oil levels immediately upon purchase.

Thankfully, no damage.

https://youtu.be/MjRzmRlQBI4

Ken

Last edited:

Spider-One

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a heads up when checking the oil you should be running it up to temp then letting the truck sit for 15 min in order for the oil to drain back to the pan. Could potentially overfill if you check too soon.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just a heads up when checking the oil you should be running it up to temp then letting the truck sit for 15 min in order for the oil to drain back to the pan. Could potentially overfill if you check too soon.

Whats the purpose of running it up to temp? I normally check mine when the engine is cold.

FORZDA 1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whats the purpose of running it up to temp? I normally check mine when the engine is cold.

No reason to start it up if it has been sitting on a relatively level surface. In fact, it's much better to not start it unless you're really going to drive it and get the oil fully up to temp.

The oil doesn't drain back into the pan fully unless it and the engine are up to temp. Oil @ ~190 and coolant after the fan has cycled on-off at least two times.

The oil takes a lot longer to get up to operating temp than the coolant.

Mbdurham

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This just happened to me. Scared the poop out of me as I thought I had blown it up somehow. Kept looking for an oil trail, smell or smoke and nothing. I limped back home only a few miles away turned it off and started it back up and all was good. After finding this thread I checked the oil and sure enough 2 quarts low. Mine is a 19 with right under 3k miles. Must not have had it full from the factory? I added oil and tested and the issue didn’t happen again

Last edited:

NORCAL SS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This just happened to me. Scared the poop out of me as I thought I had blown it up somehow. Kept looking for an oil trail, smell or smoke and nothing. I limped back home only a few miles away turned it off and started it back up and all was good. After finding this thread I checked the oil and sure enough 2 quarts low. Mine is a 19 with right under 3k miles. Must not have had it full from the factory? I added oil and tested and the issue didn’t happen again

Keep an eye on it. Probably have to check the oil before each drive.