GEN 2 Low engin oil pressure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I had mine changed at 4920 miles, and had an oil analysis done.

Ford fills the trucks with 5w20 or 0w20 from the factory. I had them compare to other 3.5TT’s and the viscosity numbers were practically identical.

Their finding was that the oil was in great shape, and they recommended I could go another 2k on top - so about 7k miles and analyze again. Truthfully, assuming the driving habits are constant and there is no sudden breakdown like by contamination, you are safe to go 10k according to the manual.

My bet is that by the time I’ve gotten analysis on the 7k oil, they’re probably suggest another 2k.

Something’s not adding up.

OP
OP
kdub405

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had mine changed at 4920 miles, and had an oil analysis done.

Ford fills the trucks with 5w20 or 0w20 from the factory. I had them compare to other 3.5TT’s and the viscosity numbers were practically identical.

Their finding was that the oil was in great shape, and they recommended I could go another 2k on top - so about 7k miles and analyze again. Truthfully, assuming the driving habits are constant and there is no sudden breakdown like by contamination, you are safe to go 10k according to the manual.

My bet is that by the time I’ve gotten analysis on the 7k oil, they’re probably suggest another 2k.

Something’s not adding up.

Like I said, tech SEEMS to think.

If it's not low on oil per stick then it has to be something else, the oil level is in the exact same spot in stick and the issue is gone.

Think I'll just change my oil sooner rather than later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Geo_Tactical

Full Access Member
Reaction score
6300 miles should not induce breakdown that would cause a low pressure warning or any other warning. That sounds like the dealer is trying to transfer the liability for the mechanical issue onto you and if it were me, I'd find that to be 100% unacceptable. Hopefully the notes in the system don't say "customer went too long between oil changes" or something. Just telling you that I've dealt with Ford for many years, and this is the kind of stuff they do. Cover your ass

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Mcnawsty

Banned
Reaction score
Agree. The oil change interval on this engine is considerably different than others. It is necessary to prevent sludge buildup that will quickly degrade the engine. Sounds like this thing needs more frequent oil changes than normal, premium gas, and more frequent spark plug changes to keep running well. This is something that Ford Performance does a poor job of communicating to its customers.

smurfslayer

Reaction score
Agree. The oil change interval on this engine is considerably different than others. It is necessary to prevent sludge buildup that will quickly degrade the engine. Sounds like this thing needs more frequent oil changes than normal, premium gas, and more frequent spark plug changes to keep running well. This is something that Ford Performance does a poor job of communicating to its customers.

Back up your assertions, user formerly known as sasquatch77. Facts, links to first person or verified data, not internet rumor.

Oil change interval of 10k miles is perfectly fine. There were over 500 ecoboosts chronicled to compare to mine when I had the oil analysis done, none - not one of them showed anything like you’re asserting.

Mcnawsty

Banned
Reaction score
Back up your assertions, user formerly known as sasquatch77. Facts, links to first person or verified data, not internet rumor.

Oil change interval of 10k miles is perfectly fine. There were over 500 ecoboosts chronicled to compare to mine when I had the oil analysis done, none - not one of them showed anything like you’re asserting.

First, I am not Sasquatch. You can stop assuming that now.
Second, there are plenty of threads here arguing about the need for frequent oil changes... well before the oil life reaches zero. Their reasoning was exactly what I posted. It was the rationale as gas... for a $70k truck, why pinch pennies. Do a poll here... I bet most are changing oil every 3k-5k miles

smurfslayer

Reaction score
First, I am not Sasquatch. You can stop assuming that now.

Oh I’m not assuming. Nor are the scores of other users here who also know.

Second, there are plenty of threads here arguing about the need for frequent oil changes... well before the oil life reaches zero.

That’s internet bickering and argument. Post up some facts to back up your assertion.

Their reasoning was exactly what I posted. It was the rationale as gas... for a $70k truck, why pinch pennies.

They are our pennies to pinch, respectively. but let’s not get sidetracked in silliness.

here’s what you said:
The oil change interval on this engine is considerably different than others. It is necessary to prevent sludge buildup that will quickly degrade the engine. Sounds like this thing needs more frequent oil changes than normal, premium gas, and more frequent spark plug changes to keep running well. This is something that Ford Performance does a poor job of communicating to its customers

that is an unsubstantiated, baseless rumor that you started. back it up with facts and quit trying to change the subject.

Mcnawsty

Banned
Reaction score
Can you not read? Put a poll up about gas choice and oil interval change. You will have your answers very quickly.