GEN 2 Low engin oil pressure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Driving with foot in throttle a bit, truck pulls all power and throws this shit upf2d23a177b9479b80f138302e95efa9a.jpg
Pull over, turn truck off and restart and all is normal. This is repeatable over and over.

This along with P0365 and P0369 is about to have another raptor go up for sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CFIT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the oil level at all low, or is it all the way to the full line?

Mcnawsty

Banned
Reaction score
The 2.7 ecoboost has this issue currently. I believe there is a TSB or recall related to it.

Jtnuge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 2.7 was a bit back. Ford supposedly knows the time frame of these bad valves. I heard it was from a bad run of valves from another supplier when ford needed another one, when they could not keep up with production on the 2.7. I have not heard of this issue with the 3.5 at all. I'm on another 150 site and have not heard the no oil / low oil issue yet from them. Please keep us posted though.

Last edited:

shadowrwr

Reaction score
Ive been getting this same thing for 2 weeks now. Goes away after a couple restarts. But overall the engine seems to have less power. I also notice that the boost gauge goes all the way up a lot easier than before. Also after about half boost it sounds like sand in ball bearings, rattle can. Its definetly something thats spinning but seems off balance.

Got my appointment tomorrow. Will update once they let me know whats up.

Rich

OP
OP
kdub405

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the oil level at all low, or is it all the way to the full line?

Oil level is on point.

---------- Post added at 12:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 PM ----------

Ive been getting this same thing for 2 weeks now. Goes away after a couple restarts. But overall the engine seems to have less power. I also notice that the boost gauge goes all the way up a lot easier than before. Also after about half boost it sounds like sand in ball bearings, rattle can. Its definetly something thats spinning but seems off balance.

Rich

Yeah, mine goes away as soon as I restart car but until I do so it won't go above 3k RPMS. I will agree that the boost seems to increase quicker however, info not hear any sounds. Just dropped it off at dealer so we shall see. Told him to go beat in it and it will happen again.

One thing to note, there does not appear to be any code related to oil pressure per my code reader.

---------- Post added at 12:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 PM ----------

Take it to the dealer, either for repair or trade it in!

Just dropped it off....I'm sure there will be more to come.

OLI62

Reaction score

Rich

shadowrwr, how many miles was on yours when it started?

Mcnawsty

Banned
Reaction score
Hopefully just the sensor. Others reported having a shorted sensor, but a few actually had fried oil pumps.

OP
OP
kdub405

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well dealer has no ******* clue and started talking intake and exhaust. Shut that talk down real quick and told them to figure it out.

On to day two we go.