Lovin these Tie Rods! No modifications / No drilling into the spindle needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
NatG

NatG

Reaction score
didn't see all these notifications about this until now (im not always by a computer or checking email notifications about posts sometimes) yes i work at the FMI shop and barrow the truck until i can get mine fixed. When your constantly surrounded by raptor products being machined and released, its hard not to talk about it.

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
didn't see all these notifications about this until now (im not always by a computer or checking email notifications about posts sometimes) yes i work at the FMI shop and barrow the truck until i can get mine fixed. When you’re constantly surrounded by raptor products being machined and released, its hard not to talk about it.
The FMI Gen 3 bumper mount light bar is supposed to be delivered to me on Friday. So guess I know what I’ll be doing this weekend. Now to figure out what lights to put on it.

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i have about 30K on my RPG tie rods, and just get an occasional squeak from one of the outer heims.. while they are race car parts, they seem to last quite awhile. keep them clean and they last..

NateMob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes i work at the FMI shop

Here's how to become a Supporting Vendor so you can peddle FMI parts.

letsgetthisdone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same thoughts here. They look nice, but I’m not seeing an exposed outer joint lasting very long on a daily driven truck.

They don't last 100k, but they go long enough. My truck has the RPG kit, 20k on them so far and they haven't loosened up. They're PTFE lined so, no need to lubricate them.

Better than bending the dinky inner tierod in half the first time you put the tire in a hole while 100 miles from no where offroading.

Last edited:

GregFoutz

Reaction score
Here's how to become a Supporting Vendor so you can peddle FMI parts.

we are supporting vendors by the way.

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i have about 30K on my RPG tie rods, and just get an occasional squeak from one of the outer heims.. while they are race car parts, they seem to last quite awhile. keep them clean and they last..
My personal experience is they just don't last for a daily driver without more maintenance than I'm willing to deal with. Individual use case. However there are several companies who make boots (dust covers really) that might serve many (esp the northern half of the country). Even those could be a pain I'd suspect if you are submerging the suspension depending on how well they seal. I never got around to trying them.1688642808066.png

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Help out a non mechanic. They kinda look like a lot of other suspension parts I see where they connect. i mean I do like them and the color. But what about them is different that would make the joints subject to premature wear?

taquitos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Help out a non mechanic. They kinda look like a lot of other suspension parts I see where they connect. i mean I do like them and the color. But what about them is different that would make the joints subject to premature wear?
Pretty much all aftermarket suspension and these things use FK uniballs or rod ends. So you’re not mistaken because they are exactly like other suspension parts out there. FK uniballs and rod ends require constant lubrication and are extremely susceptible to corrosion and wear caused my grit. I live in Washington and go up and down the passes often in the winter. FK stuff lasts about a year doing that before there’s enough wear that replacing it would make sense. Of course I let it go for 2-3 years and put up with the noise and play. I will not touch any “upgrade” with a 10’ pole if it has FK uniballs or rod unless it’s so good that I think it’s worth pulling the part and replacing the things every year. People located in dry areas will not have any of those issues.