Lost throttle response

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boosted1

Reaction score
I have a 2017 Raptor that with a MPT tune (93PRX) that I’ve run for just under 2 years. The MPT tune is amazing and friends freak out with how quick the truck is. Well, that recently changed. The only thing that is different since losing throttle response (in a huge way I might add) is adding a bumper and lightbar. To add the lightbar I disconnected the battery, which was unnecessary. After the installation, I tried passing a car (I was in 10th gear) and hit the gas in which I did not receive the instant throttle response I am used to. The 10th gear downshifted to 4 and the Rpms shot up. But the truck went nowhere. I reset the tune back to stock and then back to 93PRX, but no change. The truck is still qicker than stock in early gears but not as fast as it used to be, and now sucks completely at high gear pulls. Do I need a new tune? Will the system relearn and be as responsive as it used to be? Is this common?