Boost drop mid throttle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Took my raptor in for diagnosis after waiting a month to get in. Shop tested for 2 hours. They called me and said I have bad cam phasers and that’s why I’m having boost issues. They told me I missed the TSB for replacement by ford and will have to pay out of pocket. I asked how cam phasers would cause a boost drop and no codes to show up ? I was told I need new cam phasers and if that doesn’t fix the boost issue they would replace my fuel pump .. I asked how does cam phasers affect a fuel pump and I was told that they could only diagnose further after the cam phasers are replaced .. feels like they didn’t test that much and are using the rattle that could be the air louvers as a catch all ..

Any thoughts ?
Took my raptor in for diagnosis after waiting a month to get in. Shop tested for 2 hours. They called me and said I have bad cam phasers and that’s why I’m having boost issues. They told me I missed the TSB for replacement by ford and will have to pay out of pocket. I asked how cam phasers would cause a boost drop and no codes to show up ? I was told I need new cam phasers and if that doesn’t fix the boost issue they would replace my fuel pump .. I asked how does cam phasers affect a fuel pump and I was told that they could only diagnose further after the cam phasers are replaced .. feels like they didn’t test that much and are using the rattle that could be the air louvers as a catch all ..

Any thoughts ?
The cam phaser issue in the TSB/FSA has nothing to to with engine performance or boost. It’s a momentary noise, nothing more.

The dealer is guessing, not diagnosing. And their guesses are even pathetic. Were you able to install a stock boost bypass valve?