Looks like Gen3 will have the same power numbers as Gen2-Confirmed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

360North

Reaction score
Actually…there is still time for this to change somewhat…as Ford has said that they usually don’t confirm or release HP/TQ specs & Fuel economy until closer to delivery…and given that production has not started yet & those specs could be tied to an ECU flash, easy enough to update ECU’s at the factory as they are built (or right as they come off the line & go thru QA checks) as the Window sticker is probably one of the last things to be applied to the trucks.

I‘m not saying they will, but it’s certainly within the realm of possibility.

The other thing to keep in mind, is that they could be underrating the #’s and we really won’t know, until one is put on a Dyno.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Actually…there is still time for this to change somewhat…as Ford has said that they usually don’t confirm or release HP/TQ specs & Fuel economy until closer to delivery…and given that production has not started yet & those specs could be tied to an ECU flash, easy enough to update ECU’s at the factory as they are built (or right as they come off the line & go thru QA checks) as the Window sticker is probably one of the last things to be applied to the trucks.

I‘m not saying they will, but it’s certainly within the realm of possibility.

The other thing to keep in mind, is that they could be underrating the #’s and we really won’t know, until one is put on a Dyno.
AAHHH!! The horsepower wars and insurance premiums of the early 70's return!

KCHawkeye02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder why Ford didnt just call the packages this year 801A base model, and 802A high package. That change, along with the base model as a SCREW, would help people understand the price difference for this Gen that cannot do logic/math on their own.

2020 801A SCREW with add on items to match what the 2021 800A offers is about 63k. So really the price went up 2k, for all the new features/upgrades they added.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wonder why Ford didnt just call the packages this year 801A base model, and 802A high package. That change, along with the base model as a SCREW, would help people understand the price difference for this Gen that cannot do logic/math on their own.

2020 801A SCREW with add on items to match what the 2021 800A offers is about 63k. So really the price went up 2k, for all the new features/upgrades they added.

Why would Ford want to make it easier for customers to understand exactly how much more they are paying for Gen 3 then Gen 2? Not even sure why it matters since you can't buy a new Gen 2. If your comparing new Gen 3 to used Gen 2, then it depends on the current used prices anyway.

SVTTrooper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm glad someone posted about this because I've been thinking about it since the B&P went live.

I'm honestly not bothered that Ford didn't increase the HP or TQ. While I thought/wanted Ford to give the EcoBoost a slight bump, it's not surprising they didn't. Seems they're following the same philosophy as Porsche when it comes to their GT3/RS cars over the past 20 years, or maybe just the 911 in general. Just constant refinement and little tweaks as Ford knows with their current platform it performs well, which is exactly what Porsche does and anyone know has driven/done a ride along in a GT3/RS car knows how perfect they are.

But I could be wrong lol.. maybe the Gen 3 really needs more power. Guess I'll find out when I get to drive one.