Looking for aftermarket wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

Bigahole

Reaction score
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA I don't know, maybe using the Truck for what it was actually designed to be used for. Using the rims as they were designed to be use as. I can see why so many people have you on ignore. You're living up to the douchbag you're said to be.
My point exactly. The guy needs a life. I love my beauty ring on factory wheels. I might get the real rings one day too. I want another set with wider offset. It will look more aggressive, but only for the right price. I’m just looking around. Poor base model raptor couldn’t fathom having an extra set of bead locks because he doesn’t have room for them in his mom’s basement.

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
@BigHoss See below. Depending on which design you like, @benbachh might have some GRS's for sale. That's his truck in the pics. Not sure if he sold them yet. And he's not too far from you.

1685745413708.png
1685745438622.png

Shane361

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So why not have the tires mounted so they’re actual bead locks? AHAHAHHAHAH I don’t know, maybe because it’s illegal? Maybe because 99% of people won’t even go places where a bead lock would be beneficial? So all in all it’s a waste and just adding weight. You have a glamour ring …now you just need a rainbow decal.

OEM and aftermarket have to abide to the same standards so as long as the load on the aftermarket is the same or better they are at least equivalent on road where they’ll be used most of the time as they’re intended.

Have fun flaunting your nipple rings to your Starbucks buddies.
Enjoy your XLT.

OP
OP
B

Bigahole

Reaction score

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
@BigHoss 1/4" each direction (out/in) compared to an 8.5 at a +18. Personally I like a 17x9. The tires square up a little better in my opinion. Nothing wrong with 8.5's though.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I like those. So they are 17x9? How does that work being a half inch wider and 18 offset? Compared to a 8.5 wheel with 18 offset.
I am running RTR evo 6 and it is a 17x9 +18 offset wheel and the extra .5 inch means .25 inner and .25 outer. It works fine. Btw this wheel is 23 pounds. You should consider wheel weight when looking at an aftermarket wheel. Why not save weight from OEM if you can

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Doesn't take away from the fact they are capable unlike most aftermarket rims. Most aftermarket rims are a downgrade from stockers....my point.

So... The 14 pounds per wheel I saved in weight... that’s a downgrade?
I think you and I may have different definitions of the word ‘downgrade’.

So why not have the tires mounted so they’re actual bead locks? AHAHAHHAHAH I don’t know, maybe because it’s illegal? Maybe because 99% of people won’t even go places where a bead lock would be beneficial? So all in all it’s a waste and just adding weight. You have a glamour ring …now you just need a rainbow decal.

cite to the statute that makes bead lock wheels illegal please?

Shane361

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So... The 14 pounds per wheel I saved in weight... that’s a downgrade?
I think you and I may have different definitions of the word ‘downgrade’.

cite to the statute that makes bead lock wheels illegal please?
If your aftermarket rims are not bead lock capable and you are using the truck where you need them to be...they are a downgrade. Now if you are NOT using it as intended...it really doesn't matter what you do...rock on. That was my only point. And I assume "he" is talking about bead locks with the actual bead lock rings installed for street use...frowned upon by many law enforcement, or so I've heard. I assume those who use the truck have two sets, one with stock rims and bead lock rings installed and one set for street use being stock with beauty rings or aftermarket regardless of the capability. It appears to be a PITA to switch it over and not something anyone wants to do for weekend fun often.