Looking at used 14 w/83k

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

d.p

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking at buying a ‘14 with 83k on it and the dealer shared some pics of the under carriage and it looks to me that the hitch was welded on?

I owned a 13 but it was way back when they were still new and I have no idea what my hitch looked like back then. But can anyone tell me what is going on here? Also anyone’s opinion on the under side? Looks fairly clean other than may need an alignment with inner wear on the front tires.

Attachments

• IMG_0295.jpeg
    IMG_0295.jpeg
    212.9 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_0298.jpeg
    IMG_0298.jpeg
    177.8 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_0297.jpeg
    IMG_0297.jpeg
    118.2 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_0296.jpeg
    IMG_0296.jpeg
    134.3 KB · Views: 88

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
Idk whats going on with the hitch but looks a bit off.

Also looks like someone tried to paint some of the frame. (That kinda tossed up a flag) The outside is shiny while the harder to reach areas are not. Not saying it’s hiding anything its what some dealers do though.
Id be more concerned with any rust on the cab.

If its close by an in person inspection and better photos we could definitely help ya better.

OP
OP
d.p

d.p

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah it does look like someone painted the frame but whether the dealer or a previous owner who knows. It’s 170 miles from me so I’m not going to go look at it.

julien194b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds good to me, except this story of hitch...??? Underneath has clearly been painted , a second paint protection like this is a must to stay rustfree (it's what i have alreday done on my 20's to keep it clean long time as possible) The factory paint/traitement is rather light :emotions33: )
What about the price also...
170 miles is not far away, you should/must go to see it :argue:

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
when @HORN HIGH ACES came with me a couple years ago to get a truck for tirina, we were laying on our backs under the truck searching everywhere for damage. we were at a landrover dealership and they were all dressed nicely. here we come out from inder the truck covered in dirt from laying on our backs. we went through the truck extensively to make sure there wasnt anything that would show its ugly head after we bought it. definitely look at a truck in person before buying. @Wampa is selling his truck. not sure where you are, but he is in denver area. clean truck.

OP
OP
d.p

d.p

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m in MD so a little far and looking for something near stock. It will be a second car/truck for me and probably my son’s first so any mods I would want to do myself.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well if you want to make a road trip out of it, here is his truck.