Looking at upgrading to a 2023

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MattR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I might be in a smaller camp but so far, I regret getting rid of my g2 for my 23. It’s been full of problems so far. I’m getting worse MPG as well.

There are tons of upgrades for the truck but I also lost Torsen and heated steering wheel. The truck rides better and I love the screen, headlights, and exhaust…but I’ve been without it for 8wk since Jan and am about to be in an Escape for who knows how long for more warranty work.

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I might be in a smaller camp but so far, I regret getting rid of my g2 for my 23. It’s been full of problems so far. I’m getting worse MPG as well.

There are tons of upgrades for the truck but I also lost Torsen and heated steering wheel. The truck rides better and I love the screen, headlights, and exhaust…but I’ve been without it for 8wk since Jan and am about to be in an Escape for who knows how long for more warranty work.
Might have a lemon if it’s been that much downtime. Buy back and try again

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Get rid of it + find a lightly used ‘21 = happy s(miles).

OP
OP
shank_guru

shank_guru

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Traded in and wrote the check for the balance yesterday morning.

Drove about 20 miles yesterday. 2023 is a tighter truck all around - driving and fit/finish. Headed to the shore Thursday, 150 miles with a mix of back roads, highway and stop/go traffic. Up to Maine next week for vacation. Looking forward to getting to know the truck more.

OP
OP
shank_guru

shank_guru

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been perusing the Gen3 board more, looks like I have a few tasks to accomplish this weekend. Go through the sticky thread, remove the flappy things under the fogs, etc. I want to investigate the heated steering wheel more as that is a feature my keyboard hands will miss. I just don't have Forscan or know anyone that does. And I likely don't have the technical ability to handle it.

I flipped the exhaust to Sport when I left home today. My wife texted a few minutes after that she heard the truck until I got on the other side of the hill. And I didn't even goose the throttle.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Been perusing the Gen3 board more, looks like I have a few tasks to accomplish this weekend. Go through the sticky thread, remove the flappy things under the fogs, etc. I want to investigate the heated steering wheel more as that is a feature my keyboard hands will miss. I just don't have Forscan or know anyone that does. And I likely don't have the technical ability to handle it.

I flipped the exhaust to Sport when I left home today. My wife texted a few minutes after that she heard the truck until I got on the other side of the hill. And I didn't even goose the throttle.
Super happy you went this way. I love putting it in Baja mode but also Quiet mode on those super long drives. It's pretty special that we can do that with just the push of the button on the steering wheel. I love comfort mode and lane centering/cruise control too for those 10-hour trips. It's the little things. I really wish the stereo was better. It's so bizarre a team of people sat in the truck, especially the rear and said “Go with it, sounds great” with multiple speakers barely even doing anything.