Looking at upgrading to a 2023

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I really wish the stereo was better. It's so bizarre a team of people sat in the truck, especially the rear and said “Go with it, sounds great” with multiple speakers barely even doing anything.
Sounds like it's time for an upgrade.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well it would be between a DB SE cover or a stereo upgrade and Im going with the cover. The stereo upgrade might have to wait some time. It seems like the cheapest option to swap everything out is like $3-$4k which is a heavy hit right now.
Gotcha. No need to purchase all at once but gather bits & pieces here & there to break up the cost. DB SE cover…nice choice.

OP
OP
shank_guru

shank_guru

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Follow-up post if anyone cares-

Took a summer vacation last week with my 19yo before moving him back into college. We left central PA and drove up to Bangor Maine. 10 hours each way plus the daily driving up there doing day trips. One trip was Acadia national park for hiking and drove up Cadillac. The other days were to shore towns, fishing spots, lighthouses, etc.

I'm really happy I made the move to the 2023. The fit and finish in this truck is awesome, much better than the 2019. Comfortable seats and steering wheel. Got slightly over 18mpg round trip which is similar to what I would have done with the 2019. I had it in Sport/Sport/Sport and normal driving mode. Didn't mind the exhaust noise and normal driving mode was responsive. Had all out gear stowed in the bed under the Undercover Ultra Flex trifold hard cover (came with the truck). I do appreciate the front camera automatically coming on for parking when I got into some tighter spots. And the larger touch screen is nice, can always be bigger.

My son took a shift once in a while to drive. He is used to the hand-me-down 2018 Passat that was his mother's daily driver and only drove the 2019 a couple times. So he was stoked to hop into the seat for an hour once in a while. He did great, goosed the throttle a few times to pass.

I'll definitely tint the front doors to match the back and may have the sunroof tinted darker. And Rhino spray-in bedliner will get done at the same time/place as the tint.

All in all, I feel great about the deal I got. The truck is fun and comfortable. I look forward to doing some hauling and truck-stuff!