Looking at a Raptor... need some advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HORN HIGH ACES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually called those guys and made them an offer for their asking price out the door and they didn't bite. Wouldn't take any less than 43.5k out the door.

Part of me is wondering if I made a mistake in not buying that first one that I looked at. I was at 36k, their asking price was 35.5k and they were at 39.1k out the door... wondering if I may have pissed away my opportunity to get a good deal.

If it didn't feel right at the time then it wasn't meant to be. Is that one sold now?

OP
OP
Z

zbrady107

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it didn't feel right at the time then it wasn't meant to be. Is that one sold now?

Yep, looks like it sold. No longer on the dealership website or cars.com. Meeting up with the seller of the one with the rockstars to give it a look and take it for a test drive. If I like what I see, I may offer him 36k and see if we can strike a deal. Maybe I can entice him by letting him know that 12k of it will be in CASH! lol

HORN HIGH ACES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, looks like it sold. No longer on the dealership website or cars.com. Meeting up with the seller of the one with the rockstars to give it a look and take it for a test drive. If I like what I see, I may offer him 36k and see if we can strike a deal. Maybe I can entice him by letting him know that 12k of it will be in CASH! lol

Good luck!

HORN HIGH ACES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Think 36k is a fair offer? I'm thinking with 82k miles and being a 2011 a fair price is no more than about 37ish according to KBB assuming the shape is assessed as "very good" or "excellent".

I don't think 36 is an insulting offer, but wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't take it. Private party is a different animal, it really depends on how motivated he is to sell.

OP
OP
Z

zbrady107

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think 36 is an insulting offer, but wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't take it. Private party is a different animal, it really depends on how motivated he is to sell.

Yeah... my thought as well. The listing has been up for a month or more.. so I guess it depends how bad he wants to part with it. I just don't want to insult the guy.

OP
OP
Z

zbrady107

Full Access Member
Reaction score