Looking at a Raptor... need some advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Z

zbrady107

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure about anyone else, but for me, it wouldnt make a difference. I'm not fond of the new sync in the 13-14. I much prefer my 2012 set up. I like the headlights on the 13-14, but again, it wouldnt sway me one way or the other.

Gotcha - those were the only differences I was really seeing. The headlight issue could be solved with retrofits and for me nav is nav... I don't really use the screen for anything other than bluetooth and music.

Changed the standard (non-beadlock) wheels in 2012 (maybe the beadlock at well).

Added terrain as an exterior color option and added my ford touch (aka new sync) in 2013.

I've heard rumblings of enhancements to the frame in 2013, but nothing I can confirm.

10-4, thanks for the info!

HORN HIGH ACES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, I just came across this local listing. It's got some things that I would change (wheels and tires) and the painted fender flares are something I'd have to see in person but otherwise I like it. Looks like a good deal as well... thoughts?

2011 Ford F150 SVT Raptor SuperCrew, Excellent Condition

"leveled out the factory suspension" You would need to find out exactly what was done to level the truck. Did they make a perch adjustment or use some sort of leveling kit?

The bumpers are painted as well as the fender flares. Not the look I like but it isn't really an issue if it was done professionally.

OP
OP
Z

zbrady107

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"leveled out the factory suspension" You would need to find out exactly what was done to level the truck. Did they make a perch adjustment or use some sort of leveling kit?

The bumpers are painted as well as the fender flares. Not the look I like but it isn't really an issue if it was done professionally.

Yep - hopefully it's just mid perch. If it's a leveling kit that would be going away. I actually like the look of the painted bumpers but not the fender flares. The wheels and tires would also be sold, hopefully quickly. Trying to figure out what would be a fair price.

Last edited:

HORN HIGH ACES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep - hopefully it's just mid perch. If it's a leveling kit that would be going away. I actually like the look of the painted bumpers but not the fender flares. The wheels and tires would also be sold, hopefully quickly. Trying to figure out what would be a fair price.

You might be able to find someone one here that would trade you their stock fender flares for the painted one's on that truck.

Looks like mid to high 30s is what an '11 Screw with approx 65k-85k miles is going for nation wide so I doubt they will budge too much, but it doesn't hurt to ask if it's "the one".

OP
OP
Z

zbrady107

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You might be able to find someone one here that would trade you their stock fender flares for the painted one's on that truck.

Looks like mid to high 30s is what an '11 Screw with approx 65k-85k miles is going for nation wide so I doubt they will budge too much, but it doesn't hurt to ask if it's "the one".

I definitely like the truck. I'm not too worried about the fender flares.. my wifes cousin has a 2014 Raptor in the oxford white and when I sent him the link he said he liked the flares, so worst case we could probably swap them out or something. If it had the OEM wheels, I would love that truck.. just not sure I want to deal with buying new wheels and tires and then HOPING to recoup some of the cost of the old wheels and tires. I really like the truck though, it looks clean to me... minus the wheels and tires lol

EDIT: Just talked to the owner and got the VIN so I can run a Carfax as well as asked about the leveling. He took the truck to the Ford dealership to have it set to mid perch, so that's good.

Last edited:

HORN HIGH ACES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I definitely like the truck. I'm not too worried about the fender flares.. my wifes cousin has a 2014 Raptor in the oxford white and when I sent him the link he said he liked the flares, so worst case we could probably swap them out or something. If it had the OEM wheels, I would love that truck.. just not sure I want to deal with buying new wheels and tires and then HOPING to recoup some of the cost of the old wheels and tires. I really like the truck though, it looks clean to me... minus the wheels and tires lol

EDIT: Just talked to the owner and got the VIN so I can run a Carfax as well as asked about the leveling. He took the truck to the Ford dealership to have it set to mid perch, so that's good.

Good news that it was just a perch adjustment and that's a smart move to get a carfax report.

It shouldn't be hard to find OEM wheels. Heck, I've got a set of 2013 OEM wheels for sale on FRF right now. It's not fun to swap out the wheels on your dime, but chances are you will be able to recoup most of your money.

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f29/fs-set-4-2013-oem-17-wheels-46352/

OP
OP
Z

zbrady107

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good news that it was just a perch adjustment and that's a smart move to get a carfax report.

It shouldn't be hard to find OEM wheels. Heck, I've got a set of 2013 OEM wheels for sale on FRF right now. It's not fun to swap out the wheels on your dime, but chances are you will be able to recoup most of your money.

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f29/fs-set-4-2013-oem-17-wheels-46352/

Thanks! Been doing some research on the truck as far as pricing and the seller is going by "NADA is 42k not including mods". Did some research of my own and I see excellent private party kbb value is a bit over 37k...nowhere near the 42k+ that he's valuing it at...hmm decisions decisions.

HORN HIGH ACES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Been doing some research on the truck as far as pricing and the seller is going by "NADA is 42k not including mods". Did some research of my own and I see excellent private party kbb value is a bit over 37k...nowhere near the 42k+ that he's valuing it at...hmm decisions decisions.

I think his numbers might be 30-45 days old. I just punched it into NADA and it shows 37,500 for clean trade and 40,250 retail. Add 500 if it has a power sunroof.

Here's another option in your area with 16k less miles and the OEM wheels.

Edit: According to cargurus.com they've had it for 91 days so they might be ready to make a deal to move it.

2011 Ford F150 SVT Raptor, $40,890 - Cars.com

Last edited:
OP
OP
Z

zbrady107

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think his numbers might be 30-45 days old. I just punched it into NADA and it shows 37,500 for clean trade and 40,250 retail. Add 500 if it has a power sunroof.

Here's another option in your area with 16k less miles and the OEM wheels.

Edit: According to cargurus.com they've had it for 91 days so they might be ready to make a deal to move it.

2011 Ford F150 SVT Raptor, $40,890 - Cars.com

I actually called those guys and made them an offer for their asking price out the door and they didn't bite. Wouldn't take any less than 43.5k out the door.

Part of me is wondering if I made a mistake in not buying that first one that I looked at. I was at 36k, their asking price was 35.5k and they were at 39.1k out the door... wondering if I may have pissed away my opportunity to get a good deal.

Last edited: