Looking at 2021 gen 3, question about warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cronn99

Reaction score
So I’m looking at buying a 2021 with 24K miles on it, it’s sitting at a non Ford dealer. They are selling it as is and told me it didnt have warranty but I talked/chatted with Ford Rep online and they looked up the vin and told me it still had warranty until the end of the year and also said it had PremiumCare until 2027, he wasn’t sure if the premiumcare transferred, Does anyone have any experience with premiuncare and is it something I should look at getting transferred? Also he said it had several recalls which werent completed, any reason why the previous owner didn’t get them done? Looks like the oil chances were done and had wipers replaced, in person the truck looks brand new, undercarriage is clean likely never seen mud in its life and probably barely rain.

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can type the VIN into the ford website, I believe, and it’ll show you the recalls out on it. Sometimes the recalls can take a bit of time at the dealer compared to basic maintenance. If there was a nothing burger recall that would take a day or two at the dealer and I was about to trade it in I wouldn’t bother either.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
At 24k you would still be under bumper to bumper - 3/36 & 5/60 powertrain.

UNLESS...
Modified and previous warranty claim denied - check carfax/oaisis, truck is tuned - Ford takes a dim view of this, or it’s a salvage title - could have been wrecked/totaled but bought back and repaired.

If FORD confirms the vehicle has a warranty, that’s good, but double triple check to be SURE.

As for incomplete recalls, most likely parts weren’t available.

if price is in range, go forth and join the Raptor owner’s community with our blessing.

2slo4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe there is paperwork and a small fee involved to transfer an ESP warranty as it does not transfer "automatically". I could be wrong