Long Tube Headers and Engine Light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CSmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes I tried doing drive cycles. Even in stop and go traffic and doing 60-65 for 70 miles. Reguardless of drive cycles, its throwing a CEL. CEL for emissions means not getting inspected. That's my problem.

---------- Post added at 10:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 AM ----------

But even then. Can't seem to get the sensors to reset.

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When ever u clear the codes u reset the sensors so they need the drive cycle again. See if u can find what the codes actually are and I will see if I can help find a fix

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

CSmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One was a P0060

---------- Post added at 11:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 AM ----------

When it comes back on again I will read it again to see if there is more.

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Turns out on mine that the bank one (passenger) side o2 sensor, the upstream one had a hairline crack in it and was the cause of all my troubles. Had it replaced, drove 70 miles on stock tune and passed emissions just fine. Ford did it for me as I wasn't sure anyone else could test the o2 sensors out of the truck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

CSmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck is hard rough idling at high rpms then low then high when I start the truck in STOCK form. When I put the truck back in 93 performance tune (disabling the 02 sensors) it starts perfectly. This leads me to believe there is a problem with an 02 sensor as well when it is in stock form. Taking the truck in to have them test Monday. Will update...

---------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:11 PM ----------

How much was the replacement cost Ducati?

CSmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I assume they are plugged in correctly. I checked the lines for cracks or anything wrong and couldn't find anything. I don't know enough about 02 sensors to see if they are in the right spots.

Hole Shot

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Unplug one at a time and make sure the corresponding cel code presents itself in the right/unplugged o2 location. I had to shut my rear o2 off on a fx2 Procharged 5.4 long tube set up.

CSmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I'm at about 1000 Miles of trying to get my truck inspected with SW headers and exhaust and 5 star tune. I ended up having to get a 02 sensor replaced. This has been nothing short of a complete nightmare. Lesson learned getting headers and exhaust and a tune. Never again. Truck is still not inspected.