Long shot but here goes - Turbomac lip bolt size

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xlr8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I've got some bronze Turbomac HD's coming tomorrow. Got a crazy good deal so couldn't say no. They are bronze with a black rings but the fake ring bolts are silver...yuck. I'm not a fan of the bolts at all but didn't have a choice. I called Fifteen 52 after they never answered my email and they said the bolt pattern was propriety or some nonsense and couldn't tell me. He then goes on to say they are coming out with black bolts in a month...but of course.

I wanted to just order some today but guess i'm going to have to measure and find some. That is unless someone already knows.

If i don't like them i'll throw them up for sale and give someone else a smoking deal. We'll see.

OP
OP
xlr8

xlr8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
why not just paint the bolts black?

yeah with as much paint as i have in the garage that's the likely best route. I'm still stumped the propriety threading answer though. Guy should have just said he didn't know.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
yeah with as much paint as i have in the garage that's the likely best route. I'm still stumped the propriety threading answer though. Guy should have just said he didn't know.

i highly doubt its proprietary. prob just a weird thread pitch.

Mk1 Caddy

Reaction score
So I've got some bronze Turbomac HD's coming tomorrow. Got a crazy good deal so couldn't say no. They are bronze with a black rings but the fake ring bolts are silver...yuck. I'm not a fan of the bolts at all but didn't have a choice. I called Fifteen 52 after they never answered my email and they said the bolt pattern was propriety or some nonsense and couldn't tell me. He then goes on to say they are coming out with black bolts in a month...but of course.

I wanted to just order some today but guess i'm going to have to measure and find some. That is unless someone already knows.

If i don't like them i'll throw them up for sale and give someone else a smoking deal. We'll see.
Just take off a bolt take it to your nearest hardware store they'll figure it out. If the bolts are non functional buy them out of plastic save some weight.

IMG_20190812_125708602.jpg

OP
OP
xlr8

xlr8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep was just at TMX and they said the same thing. M8x1.25 and to just get plastic ones.

Case closed

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would never buy wheels with beauty bolts again. They just add weight for no reason and when they rust, you will have a tough time finding a proper replacement.