Lol TRX breaks 1st trip out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

970rap

Reaction score
Usually I find Ben a bit cringy and click bait-ey but his discussion on the handling dynamics was actually pretty good. I think what Ram found is the limits of HP to suspension travel. If you're going to put trophy truck level power in a truck then give it the suspension to match because physics always wins. Add in some FCA reliability and you have yourself a future one hit wonder.
Exactly. I would disregard the fact that it broke down. First model year vehicles tend to have more problems, including the Raptor. Shit happens. It's not a good look to have it on video (or to have it happen at all), but it would be disingenuous to say these things are limited to the TRX. However, I found the comments about the handling very interesting. In short, he says that while the TRX was obviously more powerful, the heavy front end made it more difficult to confidently carry speed while off-road. This is just one person's take and I've never driven a TRX, but none of this is surprising. The TRX's on-road straight line performance is superior. And that's something. But if you get this with an eye towards off-road performance (if, plenty of people who buy Raptors and TRXs do not care), the TRX is probably no better and might even be worse (especially when considering the additional cost involved).

Mister Pinky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let’s be honest here, the ZF 8HP trans is one of the better components on any of the Stellantis vehicles these days. The rest of the truck may be underbaked garbage, but the trannies are usually fine.

greatone99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let’s be honest here, the ZF 8HP trans is one of the better components on any of the Stellantis vehicles these days. The rest of the truck may be underbaked garbage, but the trannies are usually fine.
im not sure about that ,im only here because of nothing but tranny troubles from a 2019 rebel

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the same guy that thought his raptor was broken because he had so much mud caked on his wheels that they were out of balance....

Mister Pinky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im not sure about that ,im only here because of nothing but tranny troubles from a 2019 rebel

You’ll get a problem here and there. By and large though, those transmissions do fine under repeat abuse. There’s a reason they’re used in a variety of makes and marquees.

MarkM98

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That street speed 717 kid kept the 2020 Raptor he jumped 5 times and still drives it around. The TRX that he jumped and totaled is no longer street worthy. Granted he did that all for views on YouTube, but I think it shows that the Raptor is the better truck over the TRX.

‘Keep it Dirty Off Road had a good video talking about the TRX. Check it out below.