Livernois 6.2L Raptor CAI/Tune Results

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Livernois Motorsports

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A few months back, a local customer brought his 6.2L Raptor to us for a CAI install and custom dyno tune.

DSC_1344.jpg

DSC_1349.jpg

DSC_1340.jpg

In stock form, the truck baselined 326 RWHP / 332 RWTQ. After the dyno tune with no other modifications, it made 347 RWHP / 365 RWTQ.

We then installed a CAI and retuned the truck. With this being the only modification, it made 353 RWHP / 370 RWTQ.

In addition to the power increases, our transmission calibration made it feel like an entirely different truck. Shifts were crisp and firm and throttle response was greatly improved!

Stock vs. Livernois Motorsports Custom Dyno Tune

62raptorstkvtune-1.jpg

Stock vs. CAI & Livernois Motorsports Custom Dyno Tune

62raptorstkvcai-1.jpg

Regards,

Rick LeBlanc
Livernois Motorsports

peppercorn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
+1 SilverBolt

Those numbers are nearly as good as those that I have seen for headers and exhaust, which is the direction I have been leaning.

It looks like your low end HP and torque numbers are better than headers.

OP
OP
Livernois Motorsports

Livernois Motorsports

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Will you be selling this setup as a user install or in house only?

We can sell for mail order customers as well.

The CAI and SCT Handheld tuner with our custom tune sells for $749.00

Thank you

Regards,

Rick LeBlanc
Livernois Motorsports

OP
OP
Livernois Motorsports

Livernois Motorsports

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
+1 SilverBolt

Those numbers are nearly as good as those that I have seen for headers and exhaust, which is the direction I have been leaning.

It looks like your low end HP and torque numbers are better than headers.

I would think that with headers and exhaust it should be about 20-25 RWHP more than our CAI/Tune numbers.

-Rick

Droid

kglesq's Brother
Reaction score
Very good stuff there. Do you also offer a tune+programmer package without the CAI?

And do you sell the SCT Advantage III software as well? I used EFILive on my GM truck and loved it, but have no clue if SCT's equivalent is available in a lower-cost consumer-oriented version or if it's a high dollar package that is only practical for a volume business.

And one more fairly stupid question...I assume the timing is set to take full advantage of 91 octane gas, but was curious to know if it would behave itself if 87 were used? On the GM stuff with EFILive I simply left the low octane timing tables alone,such that it would retard back to those values if necessary. I haven't a clue how Ford PCMs are set up though. I don't intend to run 87 with a tune, it's more of a precautionary question.

OP
OP
Livernois Motorsports

Livernois Motorsports

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Excellent. Once my Raptor lands I will be ordering. This thing is going to be a bad or worse than my Lightnings when it comes to mods. lol.

:lol: Sounds good!

Rick, glad to see you made it aboard, buddy!

Thanks Dave!

Very good stuff there. Do you also offer a tune+programmer package without the CAI?

And do you sell the SCT Advantage III software as well? I used EFILive on my GM truck and loved it, but have no clue if SCT's equivalent is available in a lower-cost consumer-oriented version or if it's a high dollar package that is only practical for a volume business.

And one more fairly stupid question...I assume the timing is set to take full advantage of 91 octane gas, but was curious to know if it would behave itself if 87 were used? On the GM stuff with EFILive I simply left the low octane timing tables alone,such that it would retard back to those values if necessary. I haven't a clue how Ford PCMs are set up though. I don't intend to run 87 with a tune, it's more of a precautionary question.

Yes, we can sell just the programmer with a custom tune.

The Advantage III software is very expensive.

We like to tune for the highest octane available in your area. 93 is what we have here, but we can also set the tune up to run on 91.

On the GM side of tuning, the timing tables rarely switch from high to low and back. We don't recommend that for either make.

Thank you,

Rick