like's and dislike's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor girl

FRF Lady
FRF Lady
Reaction score
Flame Blue (Awesome Color)
6.2 Engine
The overall styling of the truck (Nothing else like it on the planet)
35" tires
Incredible suspension
The interior
Comfy seats with nice side bolsters
Huge center storage compartment
People tend to get out of my way much quicker then when I came up behind them in my subaru (last DD)
6 speed tranny
built ford tough
factory aux switches
power sideview mirrors (I use these everyday in order to get in/out of my garage)
rolling odometer (its cool since its digital)

Dislikes;

Loud turn signals
11 MPG

:peace:
I hate how loud the turn signals are also, is there anything we can do to change that? What I do like about the turn signals is the lane changing feature.

RiverXRaptor

Reaction score
Dislikes:

Loud turn signal
No digital speedo
Leather in seats cheap
No fog lites
Headlites extremely dim
No seperate cargo lite switch
Glove box small

Fast
Cool
Awesome
Everything else

GeorgiaRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dislikes:

NO FOG LIGHTS??? on a off road racing machine?

One badass truck!!
oh....and I love them loud turn signals ....my daughter doesn't have to remind me to turn them off! (way too many rounds of gunfire in my ears has left me a little deef! :)

Crooked Hole

Reaction score
I don't have mine yet, but I find the gauges (speedo and the tach) very boring. On the FX4 and other f-150's they have lit hash marks on the outside ring...looks very stylish, and fun to look at. Granted I am being extremely picky, but seriously. In Canada i'm going to have to pay close to $81,000 for the damn thing.

Below is a pic of the 2012 FX4's Dash, and i think it looks awesome!

$81,000 find A different dealer! Even with Tax my 12 was just under $63,000, only $2500 more than my 2010 was. everything but nav and graphics. Is there that much difference from east to west coast pricing? ( I guess you areEfinancing the whole purchase price)

Last edited:

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I find it sad that Ford designed this badass offroad truck, added a navigation system that wont allow you to upload your own pre-run map for some offroad run you are going to do...

Quicksand

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't taken delivery, yet, but my potential dislikes after reading this thread are still in the air until I do take delivery:

-Leather looks cheap (But its stll leather and cool) + I'd rather have cheap good looking leather on a badass truck....then awesome leather on an ok or crap truck. Ford knows how to do leather--look at the Harley and the King Ranch models.....but Ford also knows how to do offroad models ie REPTAR!

-No heated rear seats (only really matters on Screws)

-Some of the lagging Ford features like lots of plastic interior, still using a metal key fob instead of laser or push button (unless changed in 2012?), loud blinker which really isnt a big deal.

-NO FOG LIGHTS!? Especially having a front diff and front camera...I thought 2012s would have finally received this option. Or offer it as an option. Would cost $250 or less for a decent set.

-My biggest fear are the headlights. My eyes are still good but funny enough at night alone driving I have a hard time seeing. I loved my SRT HID self level headlights aka SO BRIGHT! Not sure what the hell to do here bc I love the big open look of the facotry Raptor headlights. I also fear Ford went with those headlights bc they are the toughest offroad. Haha, ya, bc not much there! The Recons look cool but can all those flashy bulbs (a) light the road like I need and (b) withstand a beating/weather? Plus the right set up of Recons runs around 1K for the housing pair + bulbs doesnt it? If so, on hold.....haha.

-No fuel cap? Need one of these. :Jedi: But not one with a lock...I've locked myself out before!! :Grenade:

-I wish it had an in-cabin cig lighter like the old days :waytogo: :flipthebird:

-Stereo...is it loud enough? Between cars, bands, concerts etc. I need the "attitude" in the volume. I guess this one is a DIY or TIY (Test it yourself) feature. :shocked:

-And before I go on any longer before taking final delivery and giving my offical verdict......No heated and cooled steering wheel! hahahaha! jk :peace:

GO BRONCOS!

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
I find it sad that Ford designed this badass offroad truck, added a navigation system that wont allow you to upload your own pre-run map for some offroad run you are going to do...

With you 100% on this one. I'm going to have to end up buying a Lowrance GPS with that Outlaw mount for my truck.

It's something Ford could maybe implement for 2013, but I'm not holding my breath.

matt33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't taken delivery, yet, but my potential dislikes after reading this thread are still in the air until I do take delivery:

-Leather looks cheap (But its stll leather and cool) + I'd rather have cheap good looking leather on a badass truck....then awesome leather on an ok or crap truck. Ford knows how to do leather--look at the Harley and the King Ranch models.....but Ford also knows how to do offroad models ie REPTAR!

-No heated rear seats (only really matters on Screws)

-Some of the lagging Ford features like lots of plastic interior, still using a metal key fob instead of laser or push button (unless changed in 2012?), loud blinker which really isnt a big deal.

-NO FOG LIGHTS!? Especially having a front diff and front camera...I thought 2012s would have finally received this option. Or offer it as an option. Would cost $250 or less for a decent set.

-My biggest fear are the headlights. My eyes are still good but funny enough at night alone driving I have a hard time seeing. I loved my SRT HID self level headlights aka SO BRIGHT! Not sure what the hell to do here bc I love the big open look of the facotry Raptor headlights. I also fear Ford went with those headlights bc they are the toughest offroad. Haha, ya, bc not much there! The Recons look cool but can all those flashy bulbs (a) light the road like I need and (b) withstand a beating/weather? Plus the right set up of Recons runs around 1K for the housing pair + bulbs doesnt it? If so, on hold.....haha.

-No fuel cap? Need one of these. :Jedi: But not one with a lock...I've locked myself out before!! :Grenade:

-I wish it had an in-cabin cig lighter like the old days :waytogo: :flipthebird:

-Stereo...is it loud enough? Between cars, bands, concerts etc. I need the "attitude" in the volume. I guess this one is a DIY or TIY (Test it yourself) feature. :shocked:

-And before I go on any longer before taking final delivery and giving my offical verdict......No heated and cooled steering wheel! hahahaha! jk :peace:

GO BRONCOS!
I just picked up my 2012 the other night. It has an in-cabin 12v cigarette lighter like the old days. I was pleasantly surprised to see that Ford still puts these in their trucks. I don't smoke, but it could be used to start a fire in a pinch.

The headlights aren't very bright. I think I'm going to add some auxiliary lights in the near future. The OEM speakers also aren't that great, but that should be a cheap fix. Other than that, I couldn't be happier. I am blown away that multiple people have ******* about "loud blinkers". They seem perfectly fine to me.

Last edited: