Lightning Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vintage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford Authority did a nice write up on the possibility of a Lightning Raptor. Love it or hate it, I think we're going see one in the near future.
Personally I'm not there yet. Growing up in the late 60's early 70's muscle car Era, I'm finding it hard to wrap my head around a electric motor.
2023-Ford-F-150-Lightning-Raptor-Rendering-001-front-three-quarters-1122x842 (1).jpg2023-Ford-F-150-Lightning-Raptor-Rendering-002-rear-three-quarters-1122x842.jpg

Last edited:

OrdinaryStory

Reaction score
The writing is on the wall. Ford projected something like 40% of all vehicles sold will be electric by 2030. I think Gen 4 will most likely be hybrid or even fully electric. The Raptor R will be special...may never hear that sound again on a Raptor!

G-Train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford Authority did a nice write up on the possibility of Lightning Raptor. Love it or hate it, I think we're going see one in the near future.
Personally I'm not there yet. Growing up in the late 60's early 70's muscle car Era, I'm finding it hard to wrap my head around a electric motor.
View attachment 212390View attachment 212391
The weight of that battery is a deterrent. Fuel cells maybe but batteries I am not convinced.

combatninja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see where the segment goes. In some ways, it is advantageous to be powered by an electric motor. No oil starvation issues at extreme angles for one. Maybe they can figure out how to make one of these be able to ford 40"+ of water with no intake.

Raptorial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The writing is on the wall. Ford projected something like 40% of all vehicles sold will be electric by 2030. I think Gen 4 will most likely be hybrid or even fully electric. The Raptor R will be special...may never hear that sound again on a Raptor!
Yep. Who knows if there'll be gas to put in it !