Light bar placement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

muddawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Want to kick off a thread taking discuss lighting for different environments and inter-cooler location.

---------- Post added at 01:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:51 PM ----------

Living in North East I want to get increased vis during snow, rain, fog seasons. Low is better from my experience but don't want to block inter-cooler, nor do I have money for an ADD front bumper assy that has a nice setup for lights where I want them. Alternatives?

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Want to kick off a thread taking discuss lighting for different environments and inter-cooler location.

---------- Post added at 01:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:51 PM ----------

Living in North East I want to get increased vis during snow, rain, fog seasons. Low is better from my experience but don't want to block inter-cooler, nor do I have money for an ADD front bumper assy that has a nice setup for lights where I want them. Alternatives?

Since the second Gen has a bit of a chin (opposed to the flush on on the gen 1) like bumper we may or may not see some L type brackets to mount a bar on the stock bumper in front of the upper grille. It would obviously have to not interfere with the hood latch but that might be a good spot.

Something like this

Attachments

• 2017-ford-raptor-in-shadow-black.jpg
    2017-ford-raptor-in-shadow-black.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 943

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Since the second Gen has a bit of a chin (opposed to the flush on on the gen 1) like bumper we may or may not see some L type brackets to mount a bar on the stock bumper in front of the upper grille. It would obviously have to not interfere with the hood latch but that might be a good spot.

Something like this

pretty positive the grill doesnt open with the hood on jen2.

OP
OP
muddawg

muddawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks appreciate the feedback. Wass' nt sure either about hood. Being clueless on new lighting capability, do the 20 or 30" bar have and arc to it? Would like to light improve left and right vis while bar is on?

FordFanStan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm I wonder if existing hood/a-pillar and cab/roof light brackets will bolt right up...

FordFanStan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting. I only have hood mounts now so that's more what I am curious about but it just got me thinking out loud.

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Interesting. I only have hood mounts now so that's more what I am curious about but it just got me thinking out loud.

I have a curved rigid 54" on rigid mounts on my '12, and they're model specific.

maybe the hood hinge mounts might work, but i bet they made the hinges better :biggrin: