GEN 2 Life and job change, do I keep the Raptor?

What’s the best choice?

• Move to MA and keep the Raptor

Votes: 13 24.1%
  • Move to MA and sell the Raptor now

Votes: 8 14.8%
  • Move to MA with the Raptor and decide later

Votes: 14 25.9%
  • Why are you moving to a gun hating state filled with commies?!

Votes: 23 42.6%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BangBang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only opinions that matter live in your house.
Usually, when people ask for an opinion it is to justify the answer they already made.

I personally like change. And if I like what I have decided then I let things go that help expedite the effect. You can always get another .....whatever....or buy something more inyeresting to you at the time.

NE Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As a life long MA guy and avid cape lover - KEEP IT. Race Point is a blast in a Raptor. NH and Maine can offer you all of the camping and outdoors that you can stand. Drive even further into Northern Maine and you can really have some fun. Summer and Winter. Winters can be long and tough - You just need to embrace it and find something that makes you enjoy winter. For me that is snowmobiling and the Northeast was made for it. Thousands of miles of groomed trails with all of your amenities right on the trails. Although the cape is mild typically.

The politics are what they are but get outside of Boston and there are a lot more people on the right than you might think. Guns could be tricky for you - not sure what the laws would be bringing in from out of state since you already own them. That could be your saving grace as much of the law is what you can buy now... A lot of that depends on the chief of your town. You will need to interview with your chief before you are issued a MA Class A LTC. I would call the chief and pick his brain. Is any of your stuff pre-ban stuff or is it new? Pre 1994 ban stuff is anything goes. Pre 2016 stuff is ALMOST anything goes but would require a 10 round mag, unless the mag is dated pre 94 then a 30 rounder is legal. I own one of just about everything fun and have no issues. You just pay a little more than other states. Glocks are loophole-ish. Some places sell them new, others wont talk to you about it. It is a gray area when speaking with authority. I legally own a few of those too all purchased right over the counter.

If you can swing it, I think you can have a lot of fun up here in a Raptor. I sure do. They are kind of few and far between too, I don't see many around so they really stand out on the road. :cheers:

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I voted to sell it now because that's what I would do. It's a vehicle for wide open desert and that's why you bought it. Maybe you could sell it to someone in California and make a profit. :)

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would sell it and then see how the new job goes for 6 months before deciding on getting a new one.

But frankly, you are overthinking this. Either selling or keeping it is not that big a financial difference for you. You could always sell next year if you wanted to. So just do whats easier and dont stress over it.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sell that stupid ass SUV first...And ew MA. My opinion is take the new place, keep raptor as you'll need it. Just keep miles low on it as you have a company truck now.

AZ to MA is a BIG difference in cost of living, so prepare your wallet... and east coast northern folks are rude as ****, so prepare for that also. Yeah, I said it...

adllewis42

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why would you lose money selling it right now? You're going to get a raise and a company car so it sounds like money isn't an issue and you're not going to pile miles on the Raptor.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
50% more money in MA is nearly a wash coming from AZ bro....I’d LOvE to do the opposite!!

Are schools open in AZ btw?

I do see your dilemma & Id LOVE to get a chance to flex the Raptor in AZ, while you can’t just swerve “offroad” @ any moment like in AZ, there are places in MA to go off-roading - particularly central/western MA. Yes you can drive it on beach & Nantucket Island.

going up north to ME or NH plenty of opportunity up there, and you’re talking 2-4 hrs from MA. Also you have a much longer harsher winter where the raptors capability comes in handy.

another thing- the roads in New England are F’n TERRIBLE - not even worth discussing comparing to AZ. I would own a raptor over pretty much any other 1/2 ton or SUV soley for the fact that it absorbs all the potholes/curbs/bumps etc that litter ALL the roads up here like nothing else on the market.

I used to do a lot of work in/around NYC, people would say “isn’t the Raptor awful in the city” - Id say NO couldn’t think of anything better everyone gets outta my way, I park up & on/over curbs, pull U-turns right over curbed islands, potholes that would destroy the front axle of a VW get eaten up by the Raptor.

keep it

but seriously consider not moving to MA if you’re a conservative....

bryanb

Reaction score
I lived my entire life in and around Washington, DC and have seen first hand what it’s like to live in an area that fosters and foments essentially total government control. MA, as you or anyone else knows, is what I like to call the most far left government in the galaxy.

This was (almost) my first reaction too, but in North America, California holds the title. 50% more in Taxachusetts isn't 50% more compared to most parts of the country including AZ. Sounds like the OP has friends and family connections to MA and that's worth something, but I spent some time on the east coast before going to school in Arizona and there's a world of difference between the two that I would personally think twice about. Man does not live on (heavily taxed) bread alone...

To more directly answer the original question, maybe consider selling your wife's car and letting her take the Raptor. My experience with Wife + Raptor started out as, "I will never be able to drive that thing!" to "Why don't you take my car today so I can drive the Raptor?" so don't dismiss the notion out of hand.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This was (almost) my first reaction too, but in North America, California holds the title. 50% more in Taxachusetts isn't 50% more compared to most parts of the country including AZ. Sounds like the OP has friends and family connections to MA and that's worth something, but I spent some time on the east coast before going to school in Arizona and there's a world of difference between the two that I would personally think twice about. Man does not live on (heavily taxed) bread alone...

To more directly answer the original question, maybe consider selling your wife's car and letting her take the Raptor. My experience with Wife + Raptor started out as, "I will never be able to drive that thing!" to "Why don't you take my car today so I can drive the Raptor?" so don't dismiss the notion out of hand.

When it comes to “true liberalism” like what you’ll “see & feel” in your everyday life, not not just the total # of liberal politicians & policies- but what it’s like to live in the state day to day, these states are all worse than MA in that regard (Trump got nearly 1 mil votes in 2016 in MA)

OR, CA, NY, NJ, CT, VT, “1/3 of PA”, WA are all worse

if that helps at all...and I’ve lived in NY/NJ & have been in MA most my life & have traveled/worked in those left leaning west coast states a significant amount of time so coming from some experience

Also I don’t want to come off too negative, there’s lots to love about MA, great scenery, lots to do, 4 seasons can be nice....you mention having access to the cape. Whenever anyone questions MA while the wealth/real estate value/cleanliness/good schools etc are well known when it comes to Boston proper & the nicer surrounding suburbs- when it comes to a lot of the cape, and certainly the vineyard & Nantucket....well all I’ll say is there’s a reason some of the worlds wealthiest, most connected, most famous people opt to have a home there as opposed to the FL keys, Bahamas, Hilton head, etc you name it.....people that could have a vaca home quite literally ANYWHERE & instead they’ll pay $10-$25 mil for a place there....

food for thought

Status
Not open for further replies.