Leveling kit raised truck more than it should

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vik26066

Reaction score
Hello,

I just got my raptor, it's my first truck so I don't know much about lifts and leveling kits. The local shop suggested to start with a 2" rough country leveling kit and see how I like it before later doing a lift.

Anyways, the kit raised the front about 2.5 - 3", I went back and they added a 1" block but the back is still about 0.5 -0.75" lower.

I'm confused now, from what I read that leveling kit is just a spacer on top of the strut and I doubt they installed it wrong since they probably 3 lifts a week at the shop.

Anybody else have a similar problem with the rough country kit?

Also, should I add another 1" block to the back to make it more level, right now it has the stock 2" block plus the 1" they added. I guess would the shocks extend enough to handle a 4" block?

Thanks in advance for any input

500mag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
beach.jpg Hmmm. I have a 2.5" level in front and a 1" block, and mine still has a little rake to it.

Last edited:

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The first thing you should do is remove that kit. Those type of kits allow for too much droop travel which can lead to binding. One guy actually ripped his front axle off with spacer kit. I'd go with a Geiser or Eibach spring or a set of collars.

500mag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im guessing that the leveling kit must have raised it more than 2.5 which I don’t understand since it was a 2” rough country kit.
You think they installed it wrong?
Hard to say, but I definitely would take it back so they can make it right.

Beinkounter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put an icon leveling kit (collar) on my 2019. Initially they set it to 2.5’’, which I thought was too high, I took it back and had them adjust it to 1.75 and it looks perfect. The Icon kit is adjustable, so it worked out perfectly.

I’d say by adding a block in the back you are complicating the problem. I’d take off the block from the back, adjust the front down to 1.75 and you’ll be ok.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wow, lots of things wrong with the recommendations from your local shop. It sounds like they have never worked on a Raptor.

Pull off the leveling kit and go with an adjustable perch collar made for Gen 2 Raptors or the much more capable progressive Geiser Springs. The Raptor suspension does not work well with leveling kits as it is not the same as a regular F150.

In the back, remove the 1” block, along with the 2” factory block and go with Deaver +3s. Adding a second block on top of the factory block creates more axle wrap and should only be used on street trucks that never plan to go offroad. The rear leafs on the Raptor are not the greatest, so swapping to Deavers is a good choice.

Finally, find a new shop who has worked on Raptors so everything is done correctly.