Let’s be honest- The Raptor R is going to be expensive!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kaz109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Coming from someone that can write a check for a F12, it's not worth the price of admission for me. I guess different strokes for different folks.
I don’t think you knowing what the vehicle is or driving one has anything to do with you being able to write a check for it lol

Reaction score
Has no one brought up that ford will want/need to limit R production numbers due to epa averages and the fact the more R’s they sell hurts them? They are making this truck to keep ram from having bragging rights over them, not because they finally decided to give fans the V8 they wanted.
I know my dealer demanded 10k over msrp to get on a list back in February for the R for whatever thats worth .

Chainsaw

Ghost of a Raptor Owner
Reaction score
Take a look on the TRX forum. They have a dealer from Iowa selling the 2022’s for 5k under MSRP.

gas mileage is realistically about 10 combined. Still pretty crappy. You also assuming the R will be better but probably not.

so for 75-80k you can you a TRX and have a ton of money left over for gas. Instead of 110k or so for an R

To date, that is literally the only dealer in the country that is taking orders below MSRP.. they are trying a high-volume strategy. I am unconvinced they will be able to deliver all of the orders they are taking via the forum.

Virtually every TRX sold off a dealer lot is ADM, though a good amount of dealers will do customer orders at MSRP.

And pricewise, the average TRX build is between $85-90k... very few out there that are not well-equipped.

Chainsaw

Ghost of a Raptor Owner
Reaction score
Has no one brought up that ford will want/need to limit R production numbers due to epa averages and the fact the more R’s they sell hurts them? They are making this truck to keep ram from having bragging rights over them, not because they finally decided to give fans the V8 they wanted.
I know my dealer demanded 10k over msrp to get on a list back in February for the R for whatever thats worth .

I hope that's not why Ford is doing it, because Ram will almost certainly put a Redeye in the TRX and immediately trump the R in turn.

I said it on another thread and people probably thought I was joking, but if I were you, I'd get that 10k ADM in writing for the R and put down a deposit on it right now. Could turn out to be a great, great deal.

Kaz109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope that's not why Ford is doing it, because Ram will almost certainly put a Redeye in the TRX and immediately trump the R in turn.

I said it on another thread and people probably thought I was joking, but if I were you, I'd get that 10k ADM in writing for the R and put down a deposit on it right now. Could turn out to be a great, great deal.
I agree..... if you can get a R for only 10k ADM you sign those papers ASAP

Reaction score
I think thats where the 37’s become so important for them because thats the one thing ram cant immediately counter with . With the Hellephant waiting in the wings the Raptor will have to win on a more overall approach than just HP.

And ya I’m feeling pretty good about securing that #1 .

Herk91

Reaction score
I think this is kind of like a lot of us have been saying. If you have a 2nd Gen Raptor, the 3rd Gen really isn’t that big enough of an improvement to make you want to change.

For me the biggest gripe I have with the 3rd Gen is the all digital dash. I’m old school and like my analog tach and speedometer mixed in with the digital stuff in the middle.
That’s not old school that’s just plain old. I dealt with that crap while on active duty. Analog BLOWS. Digital is the new standard. Ford needs to make sure the oil pressure gauge works correctly instead of the damn thing just sitting still. It’s been that way for years all because some split tail thought her crap was wrong and not working correctly.

Herk91

Reaction score
I don't think people should be concerned with how much more the R is over the Base Raptor, but how much the dealers are going to ADM the R out of the market, I'm really hoping FORD steps in and guarantees the average Joe with a paycheck can get one if he wants.
Good Luck with that. Not in this economy.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Good Luck with that. Not in this economy.
Yeah, I know right! The way things are now especially, but when the R comes out in over a year, maybe the market will be flooded with trade ins and everybody will have caught up with the buying frenzy going on now, who knows, probably wishful thinking.

pughde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have to agree with what was said earlier. I have a GT500 and a Gen 2. The R was never on the table for me, 1 gas hog is enough, although it is worth it. I was hoping to trade up to a Gen 3 with more HP. With Gen 3 at 450, my plans have changed. I will be keeping the Gen 2 until 2024. I have an 8 year extended warranty with Ford, so with nothing much on the table, no change at this time.