Leaking at the A pillar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mkarlin27

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2020 Raptor crew cab, 12K miles and 10 months old.

A few weeks ago it rained and there was water in the cab, I assumed I had left the door cracked when I saw the water on the floor boards.

Fastforward to yesterday and today.

Water is leaking out of the A pillar onto the dash and resting on the floor board, my speaker and the bluetooth microphone has become garbled.

I have an appointment but my service manager seemed suprised it was leaking. I said so was I!!!

unnamed-2.png

unnamed.png

RaptorFun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have a sunroof...my guess is the water intrusion is coming from a drain tube that was never connected at the factory or became disconnected. Also...the drain tube could be clogged.

Your dealer should be able to identify the problem and fix it under warranty.

Good Luck!

robbys3m3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exact same issue..at dealer now and I pointed them to the drain tube possibility

Birdistheword

Reaction score
I had this same problem with the rear window seam on my 2020 Raptor with only 4k miles on it. Hope you have better luck with the dealer fixing it than I did. I suggest inspecting whatever repair they do to make sure they didn't just 'patch' the leak with silicone, thats what they did on my truck and I'm still trying to get it resolved. If it is the windshield leaking they will need to pull the windshield and reinstall it but like I said they may resort to just patching it with silicone.

metaphysician

Reaction score
Had a similar issue with my 2017 Mustang. They had to bring a tech in to do a smoke test to see where the leak was coming from. They found a small section of body seam sealer at the A pillar that was missing or lightly applied. They added more seam sealer and no longer had an issue.

FlaRod

Reaction score
I had the same exact issue. It was a pinched drain tube. Should be an easy fix at the dealership. I brought mine in, and 4 hours later, they called and it was finished. Best of luck...

FlaRod

Reaction score
I had this same problem with the rear window seam on my 2020 Raptor with only 4k miles on it. Hope you have better luck with the dealer fixing it than I did. I suggest inspecting whatever repair they do to make sure they didn't just 'patch' the leak with silicone, thats what they did on my truck and I'm still trying to get it resolved. If it is the windshield leaking they will need to pull the windshield and reinstall it but like I said they may resort to just patching it with silicone.
Just a heads up..... There are (4) drain tubes. One in each corner of the cabin. You could be having the same problem.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
had a customer of mine who had this same problem. it turned out the pano roof didnt seal when shut at the middle where the 2 glass pieces met. water was dripping in after 10 seconds with a hose.

namxjosh

Reaction score
Had a buddy with the same issue. At first it was the seal and drain tube on the moon roof but ended up still happening so the top door seal and I believe the roof area and a pillar had a “hole” which water leaked through. On my gen 1 I had a problem with the third brake light leaking massive amounts of water into the rear and a replacement housing did not fix it so the entire back window was replaced. Maybe something with the seals at the top of the windshield?