Knocking sound at low RPM?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Forumr

Reaction score
Hi all -
Relatively new to the raptor scene. Can someone share what the high pressure fuel pump sounds like (if audible) under load and at low RPM?

I have what sounds like a knocking sound between 500-1250 rpm, but I have no idea if it's just the fuel pump or something more serious.
It sounds less pronounced on the video and you definitely have to listen closely... But it sounds like a thumping noise. I've opened the hood and can't seem to figure it out. I got cam phasers done about 500 miles ago, so maybe it's a loose pulley or something? I can definitely capture more sound if it would help further.

Sound at low RPM under Load

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sorry, I couldn't hear anything, just heard the engine a bit when you revved it up at the end. There are some video's on here though, you would have to search for them and then could compare. Unless you can provide a louder video.

OP
OP
F

Forumr

Reaction score
Sorry, I couldn't hear anything, just heard the engine a bit when you revved it up at the end. There are some video's on here though, you would have to search for them and then could compare. Unless you can provide a louder video.
I wondered - let's try just an audio clip. I think it's a little louder on my phone audio recorder only. It's a more distinguished interval of noise. And maybe I'm just looking for something and I need to chill out.

Audio only

Typr04

Reaction score
I heard it to but idk what it is. I know my engine doesn’t make that sound though. Take it in for warranty work.

OP
OP
F

Forumr

Reaction score
I heard it to but idk what it is. I know my engine doesn’t make that sound though. Take it in for warranty work.
Yeah, I plan to bring it in on Monday and see what they think. It's strange, for sure.
Something hitting the fan?
I thought it was something in that area too, but when I listen to it in real-time it sounds like it's coming from the engine itself. Very, very strange noise. I've also noticed some rattle noise at 2-3K rpm under acceleration. Some of it is drowned out because of the fake exhaust noise. I'll find out what the dealer thinks!