King Shocks and LV Delete Kits Out There?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OCGen3

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm having endless issues my live valve system but it isn't throwing any codes so the dealer isn't willing to acknowledge the terrible ride or try and help diagnose it. That said, I'm looking at alternatives that might be better in the long run. I came across a truck that was converted over to Kings with a delete kit. Does anyone know this truck or anyone running this or a similar setup? I'm curious if this setup is going to limit travel or performance in any way because they're not application specific but proper dimensions. I don't know that to be the case, just don't know what I don't know.

Front Shocks Part # 30001-403
Rear Shocks Part # 30001-404

OP
OP
O

OCGen3

Reaction score
I talked to the gents at SDI and my LV issues will probably carry over and they didn’t have a suggestion on how they could help diagnose. Ultimately if fox ever comes out with FRS shocks for the gen 3 plus e-click would be as good as it gets for bolt on options

Slaptor911

Reaction score
I just emailed with sales over there, sounds like rears are not restrictive on travel. I’ll try to get Jerry on the phone
OCGen3. are you having issues with the front or rear. Can you elaborate? Are you thinking it’s a shock issue, or part of the electronic and sensor package? You may want to try another dealer. I know a ton of people are getting proactive results from Santa Margarita Ford. You can also contact the local FORD rep to evaluate it through your dealer of choice.

Fronts, if you want to get out of Live Valve, which I honestly just hate to see, you can dongle it and use Gen 2 passive shock from whoever you’d like. Rear will be tougher as the shocks are positioned different.
FOX aftermarket Gen3 Live Valve shocks are probably closer to the end of the year or early Q1 2024. It’s been a long process to outbuild and out tune what FOX developed for the Raptor.

OP
OP
O

OCGen3

Reaction score
OCGen3. are you having issues with the front or rear. Can you elaborate? Are you thinking it’s a shock issue, or part of the electronic and sensor package? You may want to try another dealer. I know a ton of people are getting proactive results from Santa Margarita Ford. You can also contact the local FORD rep to evaluate it through your dealer of choice.

Fronts, if you want to get out of Live Valve, which I honestly just hate to see, you can dongle it and use Gen 2 passive shock from whoever you’d like. Rear will be tougher as the shocks are positioned different.
FOX aftermarket Gen3 Live Valve shocks are probably closer to the end of the year or early Q1 2024. It’s been a long process to outbuild and out tune what FOX developed for the Raptor.
Slaptor appreciate all that feedback. I’ve made some longer posts on another thread but I don’t think it’s shocks because I’m not having the usual knocking issues and it seems to be all four corners, though the rear is far more pronounced. The truck is super firm and chattery and there is a rattling vibration through the steering wheel and gas pedal. It feels like the high speed compression is super firm and the rebound is wide open over smaller bumps, though it softens up in deeper slow compressions (even then it’s not cycling into the travel like it used to). It also changes severity seemingly randomly, also when it had just started to occur I had a one time event where I cycled the damper mode to off-road and it went back to its normal behavior in all 3 modes. Unfortunately it reverted back to the ride issues about 10 miles later and has never gone back since. I’ve got forscan and have reset the height sensors and checked for codes but there are none. Sorry to say Santa Margarita is my dealer and my service rep is very nice and responsive. But, the tech that rode with me said my truck rode like every raptor. I’ve driven this truck for 7,000 miles with no issue and owned a 2020 with LV previously. I also rebuild and tune my own fox factory mountain bike suspension, I know when something is f*^%ed up. I ordered a left and a right height sensor and I’m going to swap out the right rear because the only thing I can see that might be a cause is that the right rear, even after calibration, regularly shows as being 8-14mm deeper in the travel than the left at rest and at any given time while driving. The suspension on the truck when it was operating properly was incredible on and off road, I’m frustrated to say the least. It’s a trade off between technology that is great when it works but a nightmare to fix when it doesn’t vs old school mechanical shocks that are set it and forget it. Seems crazy to delete something we paid so much for but I can’t drive it like this

hyrepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hate live valve, or sucks even when it is working properly. A set of decently failed Kings will ride superior, on road and off, to the live valves. I just wouldn’t want to put a set of Gen 2 shocks on that were designed for a truck with 1” less of travel. You will be sacrificing travel and likely blow out your rear shocks far quicker than normal due to them be over stroked.