King Shocks and LV Delete Kits Out There?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptured22

Reaction score
Slaptor appreciate all that feedback. I’ve made some longer posts on another thread but I don’t think it’s shocks because I’m not having the usual knocking issues and it seems to be all four corners, though the rear is far more pronounced. The truck is super firm and chattery and there is a rattling vibration through the steering wheel and gas pedal. It feels like the high speed compression is super firm and the rebound is wide open over smaller bumps, though it softens up in deeper slow compressions (even then it’s not cycling into the travel like it used to). It also changes severity seemingly randomly, also when it had just started to occur I had a one time event where I cycled the damper mode to off-road and it went back to its normal behavior in all 3 modes. Unfortunately it reverted back to the ride issues about 10 miles later and has never gone back since. I’ve got forscan and have reset the height sensors and checked for codes but there are none. Sorry to say Santa Margarita is my dealer and my service rep is very nice and responsive. But, the tech that rode with me said my truck rode like every raptor. I’ve driven this truck for 7,000 miles with no issue and owned a 2020 with LV previously. I also rebuild and tune my own fox factory mountain bike suspension, I know when something is f*^%ed up. I ordered a left and a right height sensor and I’m going to swap out the right rear because the only thing I can see that might be a cause is that the right rear, even after calibration, regularly shows as being 8-14mm deeper in the travel than the left at rest and at any given time while driving. The suspension on the truck when it was operating properly was incredible on and off road, I’m frustrated to say the least. It’s a trade off between technology that is great when it works but a nightmare to fix when it doesn’t vs old school mechanical shocks that are set it and forget it. Seems crazy to delete something we paid so much for but I can’t drive it like this
I have the exact same issues. My 1st Raptor so I thought this was a normal Raptor thing. I've had a lot of Fx4 F-150s and never had issues with vibrations in the pedal and rattling like something is loose underneath the truck when I hit a small bump in the road. It's annoying but I can live with it. I expected better moving up to a Raptor.

OP
OP
O

OCGen3

Reaction score
I have the exact same issues. My 1st Raptor so I thought this was a normal Raptor thing. I've had a lot of Fx4 F-150s and never had issues with vibrations in the pedal and rattling like something is loose underneath the truck when I hit a small bump in the road. It's annoying but I can live with it. I expected better moving up to a Raptor.
I’m not going to live with it and it continues to get worse. I’ll let you know if I make any progress.

OP
OP
O

OCGen3

Reaction score
Looks like Camburg has the King setup with a damper interface module option to make the ecm play well without the live valves.

I feel this would be awesome. Needed no but awesome for sure.
That’s what I’m eyeing but I’m torn over waiting for Fox to come out with factory shocks for the truck. The common denominator seems to be bad OEM shocks and solenoids on the gen 3’s that I don’t remember being an issue on the 19’s and 20’s. If shock replacement will fix my problem then I would probably keep the live valve functionality vs dropping $10k to eliminate it. Trying to determine ways to identify if I’ve got a bad solenoid and which one it is since I don’t have any DTC’s and the dealer is no help.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That’s what I’m eyeing but I’m torn over waiting for Fox to come out with factory shocks for the truck. The common denominator seems to be bad OEM shocks and solenoids on the gen 3’s that I don’t remember being an issue on the 19’s and 20’s. If shock replacement will fix my problem then I would probably keep the live valve functionality vs dropping $10k to eliminate it. Trying to determine ways to identify if I’ve got a bad solenoid and which one it is since I don’t have any DTC’s and the dealer is no help.
Did you try to get the shocks replaced under the SSM at the dealer?

OP
OP
O

OCGen3

Reaction score
Did you try to get the shocks replaced under the SSM at the dealer?
I sure did, but because they aren't making the clunk sound stated in the SSM and aren't leaking or throwing a code, they said it did not apply. The tech also would not acknowledge the ridiculously rough ride. So frustrating to have a setup that can't be diagnosed until its falling apart.

hyrepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I sure did, but because they aren't making the clunk sound stated in the SSM and aren't leaking or throwing a code, they said it did not apply. The tech also would not acknowledge the ridiculously rough ride. So frustrating to have a setup that can't be diagnosed until its falling apart.
Live valves suck

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do you fall within the build date of the SSM? It took me 3 different trips to the dealer to finally get the techs to use the chassis ears and rears replaced. Once I did the truck was a ton better. My fronts still clunk slightly. They said they used the chassis ears on the front but it didn't make the noise. It's just simply not possible because I can hear it over the smallest bumps in a parking lot. You don't hear any noise from them at higher speeds. I would find out if they actually performed the SSM with the chassis ears. It seems to be something they don't want to do.

I plan on having an independent shop like Camburg use their set of chassis ears and see if it comes up. If it does, copy the audio and I'll give it to my dealer. I was also considering buying my own ears and then driving it already set to the dealer so that they could hear the rattling noise at low speeds. I'm not giving up on this. I paid too much money for this truck to listen to the shocks make noise.

Have you driven a different Gen 3 as a comparison yourself also? I'm in OC and we can work on this together if you are interested.

OP
OP
O

OCGen3

Reaction score
I hate live valve, or sucks even when it is working properly. A set of decently failed Kings will ride superior, on road and off, to the live valves. I just wouldn’t want to put a set of Gen 2 shocks on that were designed for a truck with 1” less of travel. You will be sacrificing travel and likely blow out your rear shocks far quicker than normal due to them be over stroked.
HP: Got this reply from Camburg regarding concerns on the rear shock specs. I'm going to take a spin with Jerry over at Camburg in his Raptor R with kings on it this week and pick his brain a little more. Will report back

"The King shocks are longer in length which allows them to work on the newer 21+ models even with the updated trailing arm suspension. King isn’t spec’ing a different shock for the newer trucks as the extended and compressed dimensions works as they should. If you made the shock longer than they are, you would then lose up travel as the shock would bottom out before the suspension does."

hyrepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HP: Got this reply from Camburg regarding concerns on the rear shock specs. I'm going to take a spin with Jerry over at Camburg in his Raptor R with kings on it this week and pick his brain a little more. Will report back

"The King shocks are longer in length which allows them to work on the newer 21+ models even with the updated trailing arm suspension. King isn’t spec’ing a different shock for the newer trucks as the extended and compressed dimensions works as they should. If you made the shock longer than they are, you would then lose up travel as the shock would bottom out before the suspension does."
Good to know. I got different info. From RPG several months back, and a few people on here who claim they have blow out the Fox Race Series in the rear, but who knows. I would presume Camburg could have shocks custom made to accommodate anything they need if desired.