Kicker subwoofer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay I was thinking about this ::: I have to kicker sub and if I understand this correctly , I have no fake exhaust sound coming out of my speakers ? Lol

I was always under the impression I did.... am I just hearing the outside exhaust ?

Thanks

I think they all have Fake engine noise unless sub is installed, but not sure. The kicker instructions say to disable the enhanced engine noise that comes through the speakers, so Ford disabled mine via their IDS tool when they activated the wiring harness.

blckout99

Reaction score
Kicker Sub

Hi guys. question. I have a 2015 Lariat non sony, non nav, 8" screen, 7 speaker, no sub and the 2.7 eco boast engine. I want to add the Kicker factory sub (VGL3z-18808-A). This is the one with only the "Ford" 100w amp instead of the Kicker 200w amp, so that its compatible with the auto engine shut off... You said the truck is already prewired for the sub... Where is the harness? I haven't completely pull back the carpet, but until initial inspection I'm not seeing it. Can you shed some light on where you found the harness attached? Thanks in advance by the way!

ron.bumpus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have one for the 17 Raptor / F-150 for sale - approx. 6 months old purchased from Stage3Motorsports
I pulled it from my truck before trading it in.
I will post in the right forum later tonight
in case anyone is interested

Last edited:

Mapleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi guys. question. I have a 2015 Lariat non sony, non nav, 8" screen, 7 speaker, no sub and the 2.7 eco boast engine. I want to add the Kicker factory sub (VGL3z-18808-A). This is the one with only the "Ford" 100w amp instead of the Kicker 200w amp, so that its compatible with the auto engine shut off... You said the truck is already prewired for the sub... Where is the harness? I haven't completely pull back the carpet, but until initial inspection I'm not seeing it. Can you shed some light on where you found the harness attached? Thanks in advance by the way!

Drivers side. By rear seat under the plastic for seat belt there is a connection.
On the floor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ownby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a picture of exactly where the wire harness is for the sub. Can't seem to find it under the drivers side rear seat belt area.

Mapleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well go out to truck pull the black plastic where the rear seat is on drivers side off and it should be a gray connection right on the floor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brzon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a sub with the 802A package? IF so where's it located. On my '13 it was under the rear passenger seat. Nothing there on my 802A 17 and unsure from the sound if there's a sub or not...???

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a sub with the 802A package? IF so where's it located. On my '13 it was under the rear passenger seat. Nothing there on my 802A 17 and unsure from the sound if there's a sub or not...???

located behind rear seat now, against cab wall.

brzon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
located behind rear seat now, against cab wall.

Was wondering if it might be there. Thanks!

Boy the Sony branding sure is subdued vs the Gen 1. Just that black plastic near the center speaker and nothing on the door speakers, nor "Sony white" speaker grilles themselves like Gen 1 had.

Vs. the 18, i kinda actully prefer Sony brand vs B&O. B&O makes me think of snobby audiophiles...and half my passengers wouldn't even recognize the brand.

Now Kraco or Audiovox....thats a different story!

If u had Sony back in the day, u were rich!

Last edited: