Keeps breaking!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wheela

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think your right greg about being on top perch helping to cause these problems but your example of 012bluesvt's with the 3.0's on them doesnt help your case cause he not on top perch, when we were lookin at his on sunday he was actually on bottom perch lol

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think your right greg about being on top perch helping to cause these problems but your example of 012bluesvt's with the 3.0's on them doesnt help your case cause he not on top perch, when we were lookin at his on sunday he was actually on bottom perch lol

Did you happen to notice that his truck sits just as high in the front as our trucks on top perch? Even though his is on bottom perch?

-Greg

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That’s right Greg, the front of my truck does sit up higher. About 2" I would say, but don’t have an exact measurement.
There are others out there, like G’s Raptor (E63) and Q’s Sleeper raptor that have the stage 4+. Haven’t heard of any other problems.

Netix, do you have any pics of the damage?

The steering rack or steering gear is more commonly known as the Rack and Pinion Steering. The gear (straight shaft with gear teeth) connect to the tie roads, which transfers the steering wheel motion to your wheels.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
I had my steering assembly replaced on my 5.4. It was a slow speed section and I stuffed the front, completely drooped it out, then stuffed it immediately after again. Blew out both front shocks too. From the sound of it I thought the truck was going to be in pieces. I was on the mid perch for that one. 35,000 miles replaced under warranty with the front shocks no questions asked.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Your lucky... I've been to two dealers and both said the damage is too sever, it lookes like abuse or something hit it. I only have 7k on the truck...

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That’s right Greg, the front of my truck does sit up higher. About 2" I would say, but don’t have an exact measurement.
There are others out there, like G’s Raptor (E63) and Q’s Sleeper raptor that have the stage 4+. Haven’t heard of any other problems.

Netix, do you have any pics of the damage?

The steering rack or steering gear is more commonly known as the Rack and Pinion Steering. The gear (straight shaft with gear teeth) connect to the tie roads, which transfers the steering wheel motion to your wheels.

It is set to be 1.75 inches higher than stock from Fox, which is aproximately middle perch on stock shocks.

I know all three of us (012bluestv, netix, and myself) play in the mud. Which is a little harder on front drive components verses Q and G Raptors.

Like I said there could be a commonality between all three of us having front suspension/drivetrain issues. I was throwing it out there to see what sticks.

-Greg

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had my steering assembly replaced on my 5.4. It was a slow speed section and I stuffed the front, completely drooped it out, then stuffed it immediately after again. Blew out both front shocks too. From the sound of it I thought the truck was going to be in pieces. I was on the mid perch for that one. 35,000 miles replaced under warranty with the front shocks no questions asked.

Also no aftermarket parts (uca, tierods, fox 3.0 shocks), both 012bluesvt and I have been turned away from warranty work because of aftermarket parts. Plus B you're special.. Lol

-Greg

OP
OP
Netix

Netix

Banned
Reaction score
No pics it's at my mechanic right now. 6 days ago the dealer replaced it no questions asked, I come back from off roading Sunday and inform them, they take one look and whip me out a bill. 1700 for gear asy and 340 for pump asy. I tell them listen you fixed it a few days ago and now it's broken again, it should be fixed by warranty. Nothing... So took my car to my mechanic, he needed to finish fitting my pure runners and what not so he will do everything for me. I looked online all the parts I need that ford quoted me 2400 on I can get shipped from Michigan shipping and import taxes included 1200.
I was thinking about sending the truck to another dealer and see what they say but I had to dismount my rim and tire because dirt got into the bead and was deflating it so I couldn't even go anywhere. I also took out my exhaust tips on a rock so my mechanic just hacksawed them off and now I have a dump after rear axle, no more scratching tips!!! I might go visit my truck today , if I do I'll take pics

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
After the KC Cars and Coffee weekend. The guys coxed me into trying another dealer to see if they would fix the truck. Fortunately, they (the dealer) were oblivious to the 3.0 shocks up front and I still had my stock tie rods on. BUT they still would not cover replacement of the steering rack. Said due to the extent of the damage of it, it looks like something hit it.

The only thing I could compare it to, is the crack in my windshield. Ford won't replace my windshield just because a rock hit it... so I guess from that standpoint it's kinda understandable. Now I'm trying to decide what to do. Should I just have them put a new rack in it, then put all the RPG stuff back on myself?

I don’t want to replace it just to have it happen again, which sounds like it is possible.

I do love to wheel in the mud, and when I eventually move back east, I’ll be mudding a lot more than I do now.

What do the new axels buy me? More flexibility / range of motion?