Keeping after breakdown?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
Personally I have a rule that no vehicles in our garage that have the potential to take long road trips can have over 100,000 miles on them. The closest I’ve gotten to that was the wife’s last vehicle had 80,000 miles on it. I know newer vehicles are better now, but I’ve watched people I know throw money at high mileage vehicles instead of looking for a more reliable mode of transportation.

What you have to do is decide if you’ll trust the vehicle again once it’s fixed. If you can’t trust it, it needs to go away.

03Cobraraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wasn’t there a recall on this lead frame a few years ago?

I have similar miles and have not taken mine into the dealer for the free repair!

OP
OP
Browsing

Browsing

Reaction score
Ford issued a customer satisfaction program related to the lead frame but only for certain hard codes, not all of them related to the failed part. A work around to covering the failed parts. I get it, big company and lots of liability

If the hot water heater failed, you can still live in your home. If the transmission fails, the truck is a paperweight in this case for months. I see where you’re going though.

@04Ram2500Hemi what’s it like to be rich? I get it and it would be great if I had that option. I agree, we should invest in a more reliable vehicle and Ford will not be on that list ever again.

If you all know anyone at Ford that will be straight with you, they will tell you that this is not going away. They have thousands of parts on back order and the same goes for Dodge, GM, Kia and Hyundai. I would not be nearly as raw if they offered me a loaner while I waited but in this case, my truck needs the back ordered lead frame but did not throw the “right” code so I was told to kick rocks and wait.

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
Ford issued a customer satisfaction program related to the lead frame but only for certain hard codes, not all of them related to the failed part. A work around to covering the failed parts. I get it, big company and lots of liability

If the hot water heater failed, you can still live in your home. If the transmission fails, the truck is a paperweight in this case for months. I see where you’re going though.

@04Ram2500Hemi what’s it like to be rich? I get it and it would be great if I had that option. I agree, we should invest in a more reliable vehicle and Ford will not be on that list ever again.

If you all know anyone at Ford that will be straight with you, they will tell you that this is not going away. They have thousands of parts on back order and the same goes for Dodge, GM, Kia and Hyundai. I would not be nearly as raw if they offered me a loaner while I waited but in this case, my truck needs the back ordered lead frame but did not throw the “right” code so I was told to kick rocks and wait.
You got over 130,000 miles out of your Raptor. Seems like it was a reliable vehicle up to that point (unless there have been more issues that I don't know about).

Far from rich. My wife and I put around 10,000 miles a year on each vehicle, so we rotate vehicles through accordingly. Your economic situation may not allow you to do that. Everybody comes from a different situation. I just refuse to have a vehicle with over 100,000 miles on it for my personal comfort.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I’m not following your logic or expectations. It’s an 11 year old vehicle with almost 140k miles; things happen. There is no brand in the world that can guarantee that time and mileage without a single issue.

As far as the extended coverage, what you’re claiming is not true. The DTCs are directly related to the failed part, which is the OSS sensor.

P0720 - OSS sensor circuit
P0722 - OSS sensor no signal
P0731 - Gear 1 incorrect ratio
P1500 - Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS)

And since when is a loaner expected for a high mileage vehicle that is 5 years and 80k miles out of warranty? That’s simply unreasonable and unrealistic.

OP
OP
Browsing

Browsing

Reaction score

My trouble code was p0735 so it was not covered but the lead frame was determined to be the failed part. What I’m claiming is that if the had the right code, a loaner is offered through Ford so they know there is an issue obtaining this part, whatever the cause. Just bad luck? I guess so.

My logic is that having worked on the tech side, $h!t happens and parts fail. Having worked on the parts side, everyone shrugs their shoulders and says supply issues nowadays. Knowing the parts industry now I can read the tea leaves and this will not get better with Ford, specifically. Others struggle as well and are not immune so I do not need a lesson on 5.7 Hemi cam issues or GM 6.2L valves sticking.

This was all to find out if anyone’s Raptor had left them dead on the side of the road and if they got back in with any level of confidence. I think I’m done. Y’all take care.

BeEatNU

Reaction score
Wasn’t there a recall on this lead frame a few years ago?

I have similar miles and have not taken mine into the dealer for the free repair!

yessur

and adding to this thread my 2013 with 124k miles just started experiencing this. Was driving on the highway and it downshifted, dash showed a wrench and speedometer and all other info disappeared. Gear is stuck in 3rd. Took it to my local dealer who I am pretty good with and it's definitely covered.
The problem is part availability. I am told 30 day back order. I can find the part online so I am doing to see if I can just buy the part and have them do all the work.

Last edited: