K02 VS General Grabber?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
Ok thanks all.

Looking at 35.x12.5x17...Anyone seen any better price on K02s then pepboys? Roughly $1120 for a set (10% off on any set of 2).

If you have a Discount Tire/America's Tire near you they will often beat any other quote out there so you might be able to do a little bit better on the price.

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have a Discount Tire/America's Tire near you they will often beat any other quote out there so you might be able to do a little bit better on the price.

Plus, you can buy free replacement warranties for the tires at America/Discount Tire stores for I think around $40 a tire. If you off-road much, it's well worth the money!

bmacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Plus, you can buy free replacement warranties for the tires at America/Discount Tire stores for I think around $40 a tire. If you off-road much, it's well worth the money!

+1 on the Discount Tire warranty.

I've gotten two replacements KO2s and paying $40 for a new certificate is much better than $260 a tire....

Just don't run over railroad spikes or rollover your truck and you'll be very happy with the KO2s.

Attachments

• B8A6E8BE-0EA2-4821-AC0B-47543AD478C5.jpg
    B8A6E8BE-0EA2-4821-AC0B-47543AD478C5.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_5762.jpg
    IMG_5762.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 119

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score

I ended up paying $169 ($42 each) but this was before I found you can probably negotiate it down to 4 tires for the price of 3.

I was able to do that when I got new tires for the better half.

ajstar89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the grabbers and love them. I take them to the mountains all the time with no issues. They weigh more because they got more rubber in the sidewall. Thats where a good tire becomes a great tire off road.

I drive mine like a SOB off road and I haven't lost a tire yet. I hear great things about KO2s all the time, usually from Jeep guys. IDK Red letters are my tire, and i believe worth every penny.

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not try to bash the Generals, I have heard that they are awesome in the dirt.

I have also heard that when it rains and is slick on the pavement, they are all over the road...to the point of being dangerous. I would guess why they're not DOT approved. I would imagine they're an awesome extra set of tires for solely off roading. For a daily driver truck, I think the KO2's are the better all around choice. I'm sure some guys run them all the time and are happy, this is just my opinion from friends and guys that I've heard with the generals.

FP Forged

Justin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not try to bash the Generals, I have heard that they are awesome in the dirt.

I have also heard that when it rains and is slick on the pavement, they are all over the road...to the point of being dangerous. I would guess why they're not DOT approved. I would imagine they're an awesome extra set of tires for solely off roading. For a daily driver truck, I think the KO2's are the better all around choice. I'm sure some guys run them all the time and are happy, this is just my opinion from friends and guys that I've heard with the generals.

I think only the 37 isn't DOT approved. The 35's are DOT approved.