Just Installed Borla Atak

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods' started by Sungod661, Jul 9, 2017.

1. Sungod661

Sungod661 Full Access Member

Holy crap i just installed the Borla Atak on My 2017 it is ridiculous loud. Lol the neighbours will not be happy. Something to consider if you are thinking of buying the atak it is crazy loud. I think Borla solved the sound problem of the V6 , just the looks of people when i open her up is enough for mw to tell you the sound problem has been solved.

I will do a cold start tomorrow and film it , i cant believe how loud it is . Great upgrade in my opinion should have come from ford like this

2. 8WOOD

8WOOD Full Access Member

I think that look is people rolling their eyes as they wonder why a Baja truck sounds like a Honda Accord with the muffler cut off.

AndysLog, cmacclel, Ruby and 5 others like this.
  3. Guy

Guy FRF Supporting Member Supporting Member

Lol.

That is funny though.

4. Truckzor

Truckzor FRF Addict

Sound volume wasn't the problem.

40oz likes this.
  5. Sungod661

Not sure where the hate is coming from but we owned a 6.2 f150 harley and the note is quite similar. It definetly does not sound like a honda Civic. You are entitled to your opinion but i think you have not heard the atak to say something like that.

To those looking for a better sound i can recommend it but it quite loud.

---------- Post added at 10:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 PM ----------

Also it is. Resonator delete which allows more free flow i would say definetly adds a little hp.

6. Guy

Guy FRF Supporting Member Supporting Member

I just thought it was funny. I have a gen2 raptor just like you and I love it.

I also had a Gibson exhaust that was ATAK loud and droned horribly on the highway....

But yes it did sound like a Honda Civic with a fart can. Lol. I took it off.

The ATAK is a much better exhaust. Nicer sound I'm sure.

Just chuckling. Not hating

7. Wizo

Wizo Full Access Member

Getting my Borla S this week installed. I hope it's not as loud but when I listen to the YouTube video comparison from Borla - they sound the same

xgardx likes this.
  8. Sungod661

The atak is crazy loud definetly something to consider, if you rev the engine you will be pulled over. I work in law enforcement , i would say as long as you are not reving at a light you will be ok but if you start opening up the engine you will have sime trouble. Honestly if i had knows how loud the atak was i would have went with the s type. The atak sounds as good as our old 6.2 harley davidson f150. The v8 nonsense had been put to bed with borla and their exhaust solutions.

WhatExit? likes this.
  9. Sungod661

trafficman337 likes this.
  10. chi_weezy

chi_weezy Full Access Member

That sounds awesome ^ (Startup)

It's the driving and revs that, to me, don't sound great (Heard it and other exhausts on YouTube)