Just got hit by a deer...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John813

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Vero Beach. Not too far from you.

Very cool. Was going to say I've had good luck with Mullinax of Palm Beach when it has come to body work. They have done a great job with multiple vehicles between me and my dad. JIC you were still looking around.

Also, we try to get groups to go to Ocala National Forest and JW Corbett for some runs.

Sage

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I know the feeling!!

My collective family have over $35,000 in deer claims. Around 10 deer and 1 bear.

I was headed to town with the family and saw a buck standing by the road. I slowed way down, he didn't move, I finally stopped 20' short of him, he didn't move, finally I drove way out around him and he jumped straight into the side window of the Bronco II I was driving. Absolutely scared the living shit out of my kids in back. Not a mark on the Bronco.

Had a deer try to jump between my truck and car trailer once too.

Jiman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad your OK. I drive into work at O'dark thirty everyday and see dozens of deer every morning. After 5yrs of doing this drive I've had a few close calls, but haven't hit any or had any hit me...but it's coming.

I just ordered some wide angle lights/bumper as my only real defense. Black Friday sales came at a good time.

Best of luck getting your rig fixed.

Tom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't assume there's only one deer present, there's usually more right behind it ready to cross the road....

OP
OP
maximus5403

maximus5403

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got it back home yesterday and to the dealer's body shop last night. Insurance came to look at it today and wrote the dealer a check for $4,000.00. All Ford factory parts. New fender, new drivers door, new mirror, new rear door skin, new door glass, and the will repair a small nick on the hood (about a dime) where the fender made contact with the hood. Should take 10 days they said.