Just got hit by a deer...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shapiroeric

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unless the deer wasn't moving, which it clearly was, it's a comp claim with insurance....Highly doubt you're anywhere near being totaled, not even close actually....best of luck getting it fixed and sure it will come out good as new

OP
OP
maximus5403

maximus5403

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone! I think it's mostly just replacing parts, bolting them on and paint do I don't think it will be totaled. Here are some daylight photos. About to go see if I can find the deer by the road. It happened 300 yards from the house i'm staying at. I already spoke with insurance and told them the deer t-***** me and they assured me everything would be taken care of. My dealer is a certified aluminum f body repair shop so i'll probably just take it to them and pray it comes out like new.

Vaiiatr.jpg

m2ZYHF1.jpg

6WYRUd7.jpg

S0RTcrL.jpg

Mistacheese

Reaction score
Man, thats a hell of an impact. Hope you got some meat at least! Lucky your dealer is aluminum certified, you'll have to update thread with after pics, please.

mcote1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now that's what I call a K-pow...

Sorry that happened to your brand new truck.. Glad everyone is ok though..

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Forest rats !

I’m glad everyone was ok in this collision. That deer had to be moving at a really good clip. I’ve been in almost a dozen deer collisions and nearly 2x that many more close calls- within 10 feet or less, including one in which a herd of does left across both sides of a divided highway, one of them t-boning my wife’s car - or so I thought. We heard the thud and saw the doe go sideways into the dark, but when we stopped, not a discernible scratch, scuff, dent or damage we could find. I hit one at 60mph head on in an Olds 98. Killed the deer DEAD, but bent up my hood, busted the radiator and mount, lost both front headlights and the surrounding trim... They’re a menace.

count your blessings, I’ve seen the results of a deer through the windshield; was riding rt. 9 in WV coming through a town and ground to a halt. Buck had leapt from high ground right into a minivan windshield moving at speed. Carnage was an apt description.

Body shop will have you squared away. Make sure you confirm body panel alignment once you get her back.

mr_beaverhousen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you had to hit a deer, looks like you hit it on the side limiting damage so kudos to you on your driving skills =P A friend of mine just hit one on a freeway head-on in her LR4 and took about a month to repair with the airbags deploying. I've thought about getting deer whistles in the past but don't really know if they are really effective...

Side note it's interesting to see the front fender cracking instead of bending since it's some type of composite material.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's a bummer especially before you even get your tags.

Doesn't look anywhere near totaled, not even close IMO. If an insurance company totals it out I'd be the first to jump on that salvage title. That way I could have an off-road Raptor and a Starbucks Raptor.

Raven13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That’s sucks, glad your ok though. I dodge deer and the occasional hog almost nightly, even this morning I had to stop to let three doe pass. Love me some venison though!!

OP
OP
maximus5403

maximus5403

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Found her about 40' from the road. Not sure how it got that far. I was super pissed last night, but after talking to my dealer/repair shop this morning they assured me it will be like new when they are done.

bgCRnbR.jpg