Help SupportFord Raptor Forum by donating:

Help support Ford Raptor Forum :

Just bought a Corsa Xtreme and want to protect it.

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Exhaust and Cutouts Discussion [GEN 1]' started by FordraptorHero, Jan 14, 2018.

Sponsored By: Stainless Works
  1. FordraptorHero

FordraptorHero Full Access Member

I Recently bought a Pricey exhaust, The Corsa Xtreme with black tips and I am seeking a product(s) that could protect the exhaust system and keep it in pristine condition. So please feel free to chime in with suggestions. Thanks a lot guys.

2. ARH1956

ARH1956 Full Access Member

A garage, then never leave it. Seriously though, my Corsa Extreme still looks great and I've had it a year plus. But I love in NE Alabama, so little snow, no salt and decent roads. Oddly enough the inside of one of my black tips got a blemish from a passing vehicle in the first 10 days. I decided it might happen often and prepped and painted the inside of the tips flat black. It looks great and as luck would have it, no further issues. BTW a replacement Corsa tip is $250+, that's insane.

FordraptorHero likes this.
  3. ineedaBubble

ineedaBubble FRF Addict

In for updates!

4. truckarl

truckarl Full Access Member

You can use Pinnacle exhaust polish to keep the tips clean.

FordraptorHero likes this.
  5. dewalt

dewalt Full Access Member

I bought my truck to use. Its a truck, not a beauty queen. If you want to make a high maintenance princess out of it , knock yourself out

jblakesmith and SZDZMTR like this.
  6. FordraptorHero

thats great that ur truck is a truck but some people take care of their shit

Gary E likes this.
  7. BlackEvo

BlackEvo Full Access Member

Keep it in th garage. Never start it. Just look at it. It will stay perfect. You may need to dust it from time to time. Enjoy your perfect pristine exhaust.

You should have went with a completely titanium turboback system. Titanium lasts longer and is more expensive.
    :win:

8. The Mav

The Mav FRF Addict

oh get outta here with the holier than thou attitude.

just because someone isn't super anal about their exhaust that no one is ever going to see doesn't mean they don't take care of their shit.

It's exhaust. It's not going to stay pristine unless you leave it parked in a garage. fact of fuckin life right there sweety.

9. ineedaBubble

ineedaBubble FRF Addict

Responses like this (e.g. useless ones) crack me up. Nowhere in his original post did the OP say that EVERYONE must adhere to this philosophy. No, he simply asked for any suggestions or tips to help keep his exhaust looking as clean and, I assume, shiny as possible.

Why is everyone giving him shit for asking a question like that?

He maybe could have worded it better, but again, there's nothing wrong with what OP is asking.

---------- Post added at 08:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 AM ----------

With my BMW, I had good luck in the past with Mothers Billet metal polish, followed up by a coating of Rejex:

https://www.autogeek.net/rejex-16oz.html

You should check out the Obsessed Garage facebook group. Lots of excellent detailing tips and suggestions, so this question has probably been asked there and you could probably find some good info!

Gary E and FordraptorHero like this.
  10. FordraptorHero

i go up north often and i hate crawling under my truck and seeing rust pits all over the bottom of my truck, im not so much looking to keep it pristine, just more keeping the rust off of it, but yeah, this thread turned into a shit show, sucks because. it could have helped more than just me.

---------- Post added at 10:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 AM ----------

dewalt and the mav can both lick my balls as needed hopefully that will keep my boys in pristine condition as well.