Joined the Raptor Family

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It looks for real. So only Front Alcans? Decided not to tangle with the rear electric parking parks?

7500 for fuzz busting. Either your protecting a beat up driving record or want to maintain a perfect one lol

So is this particular system pretty flawless would you say? Are they still employing instant on? Anything you can do about that or it’s rare?

OP
OP
K

Kevin LaChapelle

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It looks for real. So only Front Alcans? Decided not to tangle with the rear electric parking parks?

7500 for fuzz busting. Either your protecting a beat up driving record or want to maintain a perfect one lol

So is this particular system pretty flawless would you say? Are they still employing instant on? Anything you can do about that or it’s rare?

My builder and I talked at length about the rear brakes. It pains me to not put the bigger brakes on the rears, but the amount of work to fabricate new mounts to hold a Tesla ebrake just was beyond the value prop I would get in return. I have to believe that one of the big brake makers will produce a solution that is bolt on. When they do I will be first in line.

According to the DMV my driving record is perfect ;) I have the system in some of my other cars and I just like the piece of mind that comes from knowing where the cops are and when they are "hunting". Is it excessive? absolutely. I do love the fact that when the system is done it is almost invisible on the car. All the sensors are hidden away, the controls and displays look like stock parts of the car. The radar system works really well and gives me lots of warning. For instant on, generally you get alerts when they measure someone else - nothing will save you if you are the only person on the road - you just have to be aware and adjust your driving to the conditions. The ALP laser system is amazing. I have had my R8 tested by a variety of laser guns and not a single one has been able to get a speed reading on my car until I intentionally disable the jamming. Which you want to do as soon as you know your speed is legal. It is never a good idea to drive past a cop with a laser gun and not let them clock you. That is just inviting a chat or as has happened in some jurisdictions new laws that outlaw laser jammers.

OP
OP
K

Kevin LaChapelle

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I also redid the stereo system. I kept the stock SYNC system but replaced all the speakers with Focals and put in the JL Audio stealthbox under the rear seats. All driven by a new JL Audio VX1000/5i amp with the NavTV module to connect to the SYNC headunit.

OP
OP
K

Kevin LaChapelle

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thinking about this it brings up a big point for me. Since I am replacing quite a few of the stock parts, I have a small mountain of OEM parts collecting dust. They don't have enough resale value to focus on trying to sell them off. Does anyone know of a good way to move them along without sending them to the landfill? I am keeping the wheels/tires for my Bronco coming next year. The shocks and cats likely have some value - the rest I am not sure. If someone lives in the Seattle area and needs bumpers, air boxes, leaf springs, running boards, etc I'm happy to get them to a good home.