It's dead Jim! My battery died :(

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
ZBoater

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I went out there to check the battery and the indicator is still red. For giggles I connected it to the Raptor, and it worked. Sync rebooted and there was life. But I noticed the dash lit up and will not turn off. I guess this is what the previous post mentioned about having the console harness disconnected. I didn't notice that the first time around. So this time I disconnected the battery (genius!)

If I can start the truck tomorrow and shift into gear, I'm driving to Sears to get a Diehard Platinum. I've read a million posts about AGM being the schnitz, Optima quality not being what it used to, yadda yadda yadda. I've had great experiences with Sears so I'm gonna give that a try. The video of the Diehard being shot in the dessert and still being able to start the truck sealed it for me. I'm an ad *****...

PropDr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Note: the sears platinum is manufactured by Enersys, and the Platinum is one of there best ever; to get just a modest improvement over this one you will have to spent a lot more money.
Note 2: I spend a lot of time researching batteries for my inverter set up on my RV.

M3ichael

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Couldn't help notice the Star Trek reference in the very first post.
Sounds like you got the battery advise covered. My advice to you "Live long and prosper."

OP
OP
ZBoater

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yum.

nadapypu.jpg

They tested my old battery. Something about not showing a good charge blah blah. Yank it out. Don't mess with the battery.

gehuqa4u.jpg

Last edited: