It's been a while...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Totalled my '11 SVT Raptor in 2019 (I think) - I've been waiting on the new Raptor. Refused to pay over MSRP.
While waiting I ordered/purchased a '22 F350 King Ranch Tremor well below invoice.
I finally pulled the trigger on a '23 Raptor at MSRP. $89,***.
I have a production date of 3/09/23...

Code Orange
37 Performance Package
Sunroof/Tailgate Package
Blue Recaro Seats
MSRP

I'm a bit annoyed that the price has gone up quite a bit and I'm losing Heated Steering Wheel (In Minnesota - I love mine!) - Start-Stop (Don't give a shit about) - Security Pack and other items.

My wife has disliked ALL of my previous trucks (Loves the KR Tremor):
2004 F150 - FX4 Blazing Yellow
2011 F150 Raptor SuperCrew Molten Orange
1998 Silverado Z71 - Maroon Interior (under 50k miles)

Currently, I'm at 1.99% APR with 60 months left on note. I also pay only $130/yr on license plate fees.
If I get the Raptor - Current going rate at bank (5-6%) - $900+ / year in license fees
What the hell? I thought this would be a slam dunk!?
Problem is: We have grown to love the F350 King Ranch with the Tremor package! I love the Brown (Java) interior, heated steering wheel, massage seats, etc.

I don't NEED the Raptor. Is the new gen Raptor that much of an upgrade to justify the swap?

Thoughts Please.

Attachments

• Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    202.1 KB · Views: 50

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
Love that Tremor almost got that, but I’ve been in a Raptor since day 1 in 2010, waited 6 months from order date …Molten Orange, still the best color.
Once you have a Raptor… you can Never Go Back.
Give the wife the Tremor, send her to live in International Falls or Two Harbors and for God’s Sake Man
GET THE CO 37!!
What are you some kind of St Thomas Academy Graduate??
Kurt Cousins can’t get you to the Super Bowl, so give up on that too
(No Offense of Course;))
Fran Tarkington was our, errrr Your last chance.
Follow me on TwitFace and SnapTok for more Life Coaching from Dr BunMan… :)

JURASIK18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Convincing the wife to love the Raptor for all the reasons you will love the Raptor is gonna be tough. But that all depends on how you will use your truck. Lot of nice trucks out there but Raptor is a nice truck + has special talents. 1of a kind talents.
Drive one and you will want nothing else like John M BUNMAN said "once you have one ,you can never go back. I waited a year and a half for my order just to get back in one. Then again my wife has her own car. Good luck

cdodgela

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I came from two previous tundras, on my third raptor, ordered exact same that you ordered minus ricaros. Been driving her for 2 weeks, 700 miles now. Couldn't see me driving anything else, love this truck, especially after forscan changes to make her perfect. Never had a super duty before. If you don't need it to tow large then your pick! My wife was sceptical, mainly because of the color, when I ordered but says it's my best truck so far.

tm965

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there will be a significant difference in ride quality (obviously) and of course the raptor will be a lot more nimble. i've driven a diesel tremor and really liked it, but to an earlier poster's point--it's going to come down to the use case. if you're towing or carrying heavy loads frequently i'd stick with the 350. if you're doing a lot of driving and longer road trips i'd swap to the raptor. it is more fun at the end of the day