Issues with Transfer Case (Rebuild?)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
TaylorC_in_SD

TaylorC_in_SD

Reaction score
I was all fired up to tell you to rebuild it yourself, then I checked car-part and there is one with 8k miles for $175, the overhaul kit without any replacement parts is $135. Find a local place on there or go to a local pick-a-part. All the 2009-2014 f150's with the electronic shift should have a BW 4419.

Removal is straight forward, lift, support, drain, remove driveshafts, disconnect electronics, unbolt remove.

Ya thats the other option started looking around used / rebuilt ones are fairly cheap

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had the same issues as everyone else when trying to shift into 4 lo, grinding, engine rev'ving, not coming out of 4 low. I figured I had nothing to loose so I set a plan in motion to see if I could get this thing to work again. I changed the T-case fluid first then drove to a large field where I would just let the truck idle around and work the selector switch from 4 hi to 4 low then back to 2 hi. I did this about a dozen times and I was convinced this was not going to turn out well. Two weeks later did the same procedure minus the fluid change but the results were the same. Waited a week or two and did it again but this time the shifts went better with less grinding but still hard to come out of 4 low. I repeated this process every week or two until the T-case started working as smoothe as butter. Now I go into 4 low at least once a month to make sure the shift in and out of 4 low is working as it should.

I thought shifting into 4 Hi every once in a while was exercising the T-case and that is all I ever did for six years. Lesson learned, now I can put the Raptor in 4 low without it grinding and the engine rev'ving and it shifts out of 4 low with ease. I know I got lucky this time, things could have gone real bad.