Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Issue with suspension

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Problems and Questions Forum' started by BigBo, Jun 16, 2019.

1. BigBo

BigBo Member

I bought a 2018 Raptor about a year ago. The truck is a beast but I am about to get rid of it...
    When I hit a bump it sounds like a bunch of kids jumping on an old box spring and mattress. I took it into the dealership...they think it’s a shock. The shock has been on order for 6 weeks. I am convinced it’s not a shock.
    I have lubricated the underside of the truck and nothing works. No way a truck of this price should sound like this. I am within a whisker of just getting rid of it.

2. JohnyPython

JohnyPython Full Access Member

Check the endlinks.

BigBo likes this.
  3. cdodgela

cdodgela Member

Hit the leaf springs good with a good lubricant, I used Jack of all lubes, and it got rid of my spring noise in the back. It usually happens after the first real dirt gets in them. Only had to lube them once and it's been gone for months. If that didn't or doesn't do it, it might be something else.

4. nfsraptor

nfsraptor FRF Supporting Member Supporting Member

I agree with cdodegla I had the same issue and once just took it on an aggressive run and it shook itself loose then heard it again lubricated the leaf springs and it completely went away. It just gets some dust in there but a lube should get you squared away.

cdodgela likes this.