GEN 2 Is the NEW tech package worth it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorFlipper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just some food for thought. Bought a loaded 13, drove it for 5 years. Just bought a bare bones 18 and saved 15k total. I am not missing any of that tech crap. Mind you i then put 25k into the truck in aftermarket stuff. But if you are going to mod your truck dont waste your money on the tech stuff, because half of it will not work once you change bumpers, etc. If your staying stock you have to decide. I have both now and can tell you for 15k i do not need a 15 position adjustable seat, nav that never gets used, leather that wears out, and a bunch of tech stuff to make me a better driver? Some of the stuff is useful, but saving 15k is really cool when you can upgrade the look and perfomance of the truck. 15k goes a long way. My truck was $58900 after TTL.

realjones88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Adaptive cruise is great. One caveat - it brakes WAY harder than a human would if traffic is slowing considerably in front of you. So hard I've had people almost rear end me...it's better for you to hit the brakes yourself if you notice traffic slowing.

Even at the closest distance it leaves enough space for people to cut in front of you, which they will do, which leads the truck to brake...you get the picture. Great for light traffic though.

Lane keeping...ok, can't say I really use it much. The truck is so wide even a little drift can set it off.

lnferno

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used to be all about the tech stuff. I have all of that stuff and more on my car. Now, for me, the less nannies, the better. I just want to get back to grass roots feeling one with the vehicle. Too bad they don’t make a manual option haha.

JLP83

Reaction score
I gave the adaptive cruise a week before I'd had enough and disabled it. I found it to be extremely annoying. The rain sensing wipers are nice. The auto dimming headlights seem a little unrefined. If you're driving down a dark country road and come up on a guardlight in a driveway they will dim. The lane keeping assist is also annoying so it was turned off. Waste of money imo.

OP
OP
FordPerf Addict

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looks like I’m gonna go with no tech, also I can grab the new recaros if I delete the tech and save some $$ still so I may just do that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BangBang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like I’m gonna go with no tech, also I can grab the new recaros if I delete the tech and save some $$ still so I may just do that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smart move! Like I said they are annoying.
Put the money towards an MPT tune first then lights or Deavers.

sean1968

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wondering what you guys think on the new tech package and if it’s worth the extra 1695. I know there’s an older threat on the old tech package so I made this one because it has been changed. On an 18 the most important feature to me was that automatic breaking and collision warning. Auto high beams seemed pretty useful too. The safety reasons is the main reason why I wanted the tech package if I were to get an 18. But now that the 19 has that standard I’m jw what everyone thinks.

Now it’s been reduced to lane keeping , adaptive cruise, heated wipers and auto wipers.

My question is for such a wide truck I feel like lane keeping would be a bother, and is adaptive cruise really that great of a feature that you guys rave about and say that it’s worth the 1700 bucks? And I never had auto rain sensing wipers so are those even that necessary?

Correct me if I’m wrong but adaptive cruise has been improved to work all the way down to complete stop. I have this in my 2017 Escalade and it’s great. In traffic you turn it on and never touch the brakes. You do have to tap the gas to initiate forward motion from a complete stop though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro