GEN 2 Is the NEW tech package worth it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just wondering what you guys think on the new tech package and if it’s worth the extra 1695. I know there’s an older threat on the old tech package so I made this one because it has been changed. On an 18 the most important feature to me was that automatic breaking and collision warning. Auto high beams seemed pretty useful too. The safety reasons is the main reason why I wanted the tech package if I were to get an 18. But now that the 19 has that standard I’m jw what everyone thinks.

Now it’s been reduced to lane keeping , adaptive cruise, heated wipers and auto wipers.

My question is for such a wide truck I feel like lane keeping would be a bother, and is adaptive cruise really that great of a feature that you guys rave about and say that it’s worth the 1700 bucks? And I never had auto rain sensing wipers so are those even that necessary?

Edbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMSHO
Lane departure warning = good
Lane keep assist = evil

------

I had rain sensing wipers and LOVED it.
Collision avoidance is desirable...i mean no normal human will outbrake that.
Adaptive cruise would just mean you'd join the masses of mouth-breathers who cannot maintain a steady speed on the interstate.

Last edited:

jzweedyk

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I ordered it. I have had rain sensing wipers on other vehicles and they work great. Just don't use Rain-X on the windshield. Even car wash wax may effect it, for a little while.

Anyway, on an almost $ 70K what is another 1,700.

vhudoo

Reaction score
My wife has the adaptive cruise control and I got to say it’s pretty useful for long road trips. I’m including it in my build.

OP
OP
FordPerf Addict

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I ordered it. I have had rain sensing wipers on other vehicles and they work great. Just don't use Rain-X on the windshield. Even car wash wax may effect it, for a little while.

Anyway, on an almost $ 70K what is another 1,700.

Yeah I figured I may get the what’s the extra 1700 on a vehicle that’s now 73k cuz if the price increase haha. I was planning on spending around 70 I didn’t wanna go too crazy for that monthly budget or limit I set for myself for whatever reason. I do rain X my windshield and have always done that. The rain sensing somehow messes that up hey? I had no idea as I’ve always used rain X. I just wasn’t sure if people get this adaptive cruise and are wowed and really appreciate it that’s all. I mean lane departure and keeping help most people When they are on their phone I feel the most (which I’m trying to always avoid sometimes with sometimes without success to be honest)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BangBang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Adaptive cruise control is annoying. I had to think that if I'm too lazy to drive the vehicle I'm in I should just give up driving.

jzweedyk

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah I figured I may get the what’s the extra 1700 on a vehicle that’s now 73k cuz if the price increase haha. I was planning on spending around 70 I didn’t wanna go too crazy for that monthly budget or limit I set for myself for whatever reason. I do rain X my windshield and have always done that. The rain sensing somehow messes that up hey? I had no idea as I’ve always used rain X. I just wasn’t sure if people get this adaptive cruise and are wowed and really appreciate it that’s all. I mean lane departure and keeping help most people When they are on their phone I feel the most (which I’m trying to always avoid sometimes with sometimes without success to be honest)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The rain-x screws how the rain stays on the windshield. The sensor doesn't see what it expects. What happens is the speed will be wrong, the sensor thinks it is raining harder or lighter than it is and adjusts the speed wrong.

I haven't had adaptive cruise before, but I am looking forward to it on my 19.

WestTXRaptor6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the tech package in my 18. I disable the lane keep and I hate the adaptive cruise. I travel a ton and use cruise control a lot here on I-10 in West Texas. Very long stretches with 80 mph speed limits. I find myself with it set on 85-88 and stay in left lane unless I see someone coming up behind me. If not, the brake feature on the cruise control is incredibly annoying.

Truck was an in stock purchase so I took it instead of waiting and ordering. First world problems.

Wild Card

Reaction score
I have it all in my ‘18 and travel every other weekend to Sporting Clays Tournaments all over the East Coast and I won’t ever have a travel vehicle without it. I only use it on long trips but when you need it it’s priceless.

Raptorguy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't get it on mine. I had it on my Explorer and the only thing I used was lane keeping and it's annoying IMO. Rain sensing wipers never seemed to start soon enough on any vehicles I've owned or wiped often enough. I've never used cruise on any vehicle.