Is the F150 Raptor R Worth $110K

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RdR2027

Reaction score
Gotta let Ford shake out some of the bugs for a couple of years. I've always been a big fan of V8 motors. Probably cost 150k by then.

Kali_Rox

Reaction score
TFLoffroad Is the All-New Ford F-150 Raptor R Actually Worth $110K? Come Kick the Tires with Me and Find Out!
Yes it is worth it at the current market. Because on top of that every dealer is adding a ridiculous ADM on top.
The people that do end up with the R will be in a position to sell them for a lot more and there will be people out there willing to pay.

Can you build it for $110. Sure maybe but most people with that money couldn’t be bothered to waste the time or put in the effort. They just want to drive it now.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You have a strong point there regarding profit maximization. I don't really think people would be throwing as much of a fit about the $110k if they were selling anywhere near that. For the mass majority of R's being sold, there will be a 25k+ ADM on top.

So price to customer is 135, let's say. If Ford set the MSRP at 100, would the customer price be 125 or would dealer raise the ADM and still sell at 135? I think the latter, since price is based on supply and demand, not arbitrary MSRP value. So that begs the questions, what's wrong with Ford taking a bigger cut of the profits, particularly since the R will basically sell itself?

Switching gears a little bit, the general question of whether the R is worth $110k doesn't really take into account what $110k is worth to different people. To someone who makes $50k a year, it's not even obtainable. If you make $200k a year, it's possible, but it hurts. if you make $1million a year, the cost only a concern on principle. If you make millions, it's really not worth the time to think about the cost at all. The more dollars you have, a less a dollar is worth to you.

edit: Should add...I'm not really bothered that there are people out there buying things that I can't afford. I'm not bothered that some people buy stuff that I would appreciate having more then they would. And I don't feel bad that I have some things other people can't afford and might appreciate more than me.

Last edited:

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
@Donovan @shigman @JorgesRaptor it's a little like my HOST camper, Host, Lance and Arctic fox all sell every unit they make and waaaay over priced, can buy 3 20-24 foot trailers for the 60-70 k but I don't want a trailer, we need a camper to still tow the dune buggy. I know it's a ripoff but ain't nobody gonna throw any of my money on my casket ! Buy it, put a little ding in the paint so you put the first scratch then go beat the crap out of it. I'm done worrying about door dings and idiots ya gotta live
This is the way! Cheers

blzrnr

Reaction score
I would pay that price. I can sell my 2018 with 36,000 miles, paid for, for a good price. No problem, just need to find one at that price. Does everyone think they will continue to produce this gas powered truck more then a year or two. Seems ford and every other manufacturer are going electric. Just saying.

02Lightning

Reaction score
If you build it they will come…. Don’t forget when the TRX first came out they were selling for over $100k and it took some time for the market to settle. With that being said the $110k sticker price is aggressive in my opinion and then tack on the BS mark up and it’s hard to justify. Maybe it’s just me but in Northern VA I certainly have no desert near me to stretch it’s V8 legs like this truck was designed to do. Give me another Gen 1 to pair with my Gen 2 and I’ll gladly have a nice rotation going.