Is the adjusted markup done?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MacK88DO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I doubt it when it comes to the Raptor. Especially when the Raptor R drops. I think the article made a good point about the Mach-e being Ford’s first big push in the EV market place. That’s likely the reason they intervened. But, with Tesla showing that the direct sales model can be very successful I’d be surprised if we don’t see the big carmakers try and change their sales approach eventually too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
Take a look at the ADM on a lot of the TRX’s and you’ll see your answer. I’ve seen those things marked up anywhere from$5,000 to $50,000. I fear the the new Raptor (and especially the R) will be the same thing.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The article made it perfectly clear that Ford had a strong reason to shut down markups on the Mach-E since it's main competitor, Tesla, doesn't even have dealers to markup prices. Besides, we're also only talking about one vehicle here.

It is a good sign, yes, but far from the end of markups. Personally, I don't think Ford, or any other manufacturer, is going to end dealer markups. It's going to end when customers get comfortable with shopping for the best deal across all the US, rather than just their own city.

Gdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
as long as there are morons that are will to pay ADM's they will continue.

dixonk

HMFIC
Reaction score
I can’t wait for dealerships to go extinct. I would rather just buy online and bypass the cheeseball ********** and their boring games at the dealer level. The dealer experience is the absolute worse part of buying a car and honestly keeps me from wanting to trade or buy more often. I rank a car salesman down at the bottom of the pile of humanity. Somewhere in the vicinity of politicians, lawyers, IRS, ATF, Islamic terrorists, and pedophiles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2slo4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t see car dealerships ever going away. Too many state legislatures jumped into the deep pockets of car dealerships a long time ago. One of the many reasons Tesla can’t sell their cars direct in every state.

dixonk

HMFIC
Reaction score
I don’t see car dealerships ever going away. Too many state legislatures jumped into the deep pockets of car dealerships a long time ago. One of the many reasons Tesla can’t sell their cars direct in every state.
As If we needed anymore reasons to hang ALL the politicians...bunch of lowlife scumbag criminals.

Frogger22

“Not all who wander are lost” Tolkien
Reaction score
I can’t wait for dealerships to go extinct. I would rather just buy online and bypass the cheeseball ********** and their boring games at the dealer level. The dealer experience is the absolute worse part of buying a car and honestly keeps me from wanting to trade or buy more often. I rank a car salesman down at the bottom of the pile of humanity. Somewhere in the vicinity of politicians, lawyers, IRS, ATF, Islamic terrorists, and pedophiles.

LOL, why the ATF ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter