Is it just me? or Does anyone think the Brakes suck..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please make this real world comparison happen

Generally, the industry knows for for the first panic stop, you'll be within feet of each other regardless of your setup - since again, you're limited by the traction of your tires

There are lots of these out there - police dept do them periodically to justify budget changes - this is a good one with lots of detail, go to page 59

You'll see there's *insignificant* improvement, if any at all as some are worse, when you test OEM vs aftermarket pads in panic stops - the larger takeaway is look at how closely results are in phase 1 and 2 (single brake event) but vary in phase 3 (repeated stops)

https://www.michigan.gov/documents/msp/2010_Aftermarket_Brake_Pad_Evaluation_337522_7.pdf

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Side note, it would have to happen once I get mine back together...lol I am going all the way through the truck with new bed sides installation, shock rebuilds (for 6 ICON 3.0's), interior upgrade with sound deadening, rubberized sound deadening undercoat for the bottom of the cab, new tires, new side curtain airbags and more. It is sitting in my shop torn apart at the moment patiently waiting for my ability to get customer vehicles out of the shop so I can work on it more...

mmaterni

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey maybe this could be a GLRE or TRR event? Stock versus modified/"upgraded" brakes? I am in Toledo Oh with a 2010 SCAB with the R1 Concepts brakes if any Gen 2 owner wants to go haul ass... then stop! Real world *******!!!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey maybe this could be a GLRE or TRR event? Stock versus modified/"upgraded" brakes? I am in Toledo Oh with a 2010 SCAB with the R1 Concepts brakes if any Gen 2 owner wants to go haul ass... then stop! Real world *******!!!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Interesting thought process you have there. What are your thoughts @Scrapman @WorldTour @Kanakry Maybe include it as a part of a future event?

TedB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Recently installed EBC yellow pads and slotted rotors, am very happy, much tighter brake action, next is to change brake lines.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wouldn't say they suck, but my truck doesn't stop quite as good as my previous truck... 2014 4x4 Tremor with 34.5" Trail Grapplers. But it stops way better than my 92 Bronco w/ 33x12.5x15's does.